I need help! Who here knows Chinese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
lol Ok so don't laugh at me, but there's a really cute guy in my math class who's part Chinese. The Chinese part of his name is So Yee Ng. Ng being his last name of course. I was hoping that someone could provide me with the translation of his name into Chinese characters. Yeah it's a weird request...but I'm curious about him and wanted to see what I could find out about his name.
biggrin.gif
And if there's any other tidbits you'd like to share, please feel free! Thanks!!!

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 04-22-2002).]

My brother just came back from a trip to China, he doesn't speak it tho...

Have you tried searching on google or yahoo or whatever?

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Ng is Chinese. Trust me on this one. That being said, I better not get any scary shit emails. *ahem* But other than that, I can't help you clarity. There aren't really any reasons why we're named what we are. It's alot like english names, "Oh that sounds good" or "Oh that has a good meaning." Unlike Western names, Chinese names are rarely the same as their parents or grandparents. If you honestly wanted to know more, your best bet would just be to ask him. Besides, it'd give you a good reason to talk to him!
wink.gif

Also, I wouldn't recommend firing So Yee into the computer simply because that's already anglicized so you wouldn't get a proper translation anyways.

Good luck.

------------------
SlipStream Soul

Yeah, what J-Tree said...
icon36.gif

I think his name is Chinese, but the problem is there are quite a number of characters which share the same pronounciation and thus translation.

I'll try my best though... (You computer have to be able to read Chinese Simplified Characters)

The last name is pretty easy. I'm sure that Ng should be ??.

The So Yee part is difficult to translate, there's a lot of possible match. I'll type them all out anyway. (hehe... I'm bored...)

So: ??, ?K, ??
Yee: ??, ?x, ??

These are the most probable words for boys. I don't think I helped a bit, but well...
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 04-23-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom