I need help to design my house! Any of you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No but send me photos to my home address, I have a good eye for design to give u hints.......
smile.gif

ana describe ur house as best u can then, email it all to rallygirl34@go.com....tell me colours u like...........mum and I can have a think over the weekend, unfort it does help havin pics to see, but Im pretty sure I could use my head to visualise it all...........if this is any help...u dont have too huney.....
smile.gif

Okay now I'm confused.

Maddie, What I first need to do is build the house LOL
smile.gif
But I don't have any ideas of how to do that. That's why I posted this thread.
So if you and your mum can help me with that let me know!!
tongue.gif

And if not, well it doesn't matter! You can give me tips to make it look beatiful
smile.gif

LOL You rock girl!! {{{maddie}}}
biggrin.gif

I built my own house Ana...and it looks like it too. Handmade house. Had all sorts of ideals back then.
But please consider passive solar design. Give it lots and lots of thought. It's something you have to live with.
I've learned so much since then, wish I could do it all again...oh well.

PS: actually I was doing some cementing yesterday and started to chuckle when I got an image of the mother from 'My Left Foot" kinda bittersweet... but then I got an image of Daniel Day-Lewis. That made me whistle while I worked
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 03-07-2002).]

Hi Ana, passive solar has to do with the orientation and insulation of your house. My knowledge is based on the southern hemisphere.You need to know the direction and angle of the sun through the 4 seasons. Here most of your windows are in the north facing side as the winter sun is low in the sky and shines in, preferably onto a dark slab floor and absorbs heat. Even if the view is great, resist the urge to put big windows in the west. It all has to do with reducing the amount of energy(fossil fuel) required to heat and cool a house and in the long run , reducing atmospheric pollution. Small changes can lead to big savings.Every little bit helps..I hope.
There are lots of books on the subject. The Australian government have at last caught on to the idea and are currently conducting an awareness campaign.
If you are in the north I have no knowledge of the conditions you experience.
I wish you well, it's a very exciting thing to be doing.

Back
Top Bottom