i need help on William Shakespeare...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love_u2_adam

Blue Crack Addict
Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Bas
ok please if you could help me it would be very very appreciated...

~what was the symbol of justice, likely to be used by Shylock to ensure that Antonio's debt is paid in full.
~the piece of linen that was proof of Desdemona's infidelity.
~in one play a man has his hand choped off, on stage. what play was it?
~an english king who leads his army to victory over the french at harfleur(i'm thinking it's Henry VIII or one of them)

thank you!!!:happy:

love_u2_adam said:
ok please if you could help me it would be very very appreciated...

~what was the symbol of justice, likely to be used by Shylock to ensure that Antonio's debt is paid in full.
~the piece of linen that was proof of Desdemona's infidelity.
~in one play a man has his hand choped off, on stage. what play was it?
~an english king who leads his army to victory over the french at harfleur(i'm thinking it's Henry VIII or one of them)

thank you!!!:happy:

1 is a removal of a pound of flesh.

#2 It was a handkerchief given to her by Othello. Othello found out when Cassio gave it to his girlfriend, Emilia. Iago had given it to Cassio.

I think. I haven't read Othello in almost four years.

#4 is Henry V

love_u2_adam posting about Shakespeare - you sure Hell didn't just freeze over? :|

:heart:

I'm so old I took a picture of them for you...that's Antonio on the left,,,Shylock ???

merchanta.jpg

I once made something about Shakespeare... But it was very simple and I don't even know where it is. Sorry I can't help you... But I love the man! My favourite books are Hamlet and Othello ;)

I can just imagine my ex-English Lit teachers reading all these comments about Shakespeare's "books" and foaming at the mouth with rage. :wink:

TheQuiet1 said:
I can just imagine my ex-English Lit teachers reading all these comments about Shakespeare's "books" and foaming at the mouth with rage. :wink:

They were recorded in folios. Folios are kind of like books.

Back
Top Bottom