I Need Help - coldplayaid,cassaid, the musicaid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'd appreciate any ideas or help with this. I knew they were going to run a competition for tickets to the Splendour In The Grass concert in mid-July. I have just read the comp. conditions and it sounds as though it will be tough.
* send us a photo showing what the phrase"Splendour in the Grass" evokes for you.
* photos must be publishable
*reach us by Friday, July 4
post photo to... or jpeg at 200 dpi.
* The most original entry will win a prize pack of CD's from Splendour acts as well as a double pass. Three runners up will each receive a double pass.

Now that would be nice to win. Coldplay, The Music, Placebo, Powderfinger, You Am I, The Living End,Endorphin, Goldfrapp, John Butler Trio, 1200 techniques etc etc....etc.

wouldn't it be nice?

thanks

hi yertle...thanks. I know what you mean, simple beauty. I think this will be a contest that requires thinking outside the square. I haven't struck on an idea....yet!!! It does involve a smile.
I am really kicking myself for not acting on my impulse and buying a ticket when they first went on sale:( I rang the day after the sold out :(:(:(:(:( edjit.
I think Triple J are going to run a contest too. Goodness knows what their criteria will be.
Idea!!
a little turtle( do you remember yertle, the tiny turtle my son had in an aquarium?) a little turtle, surrounded by my glass/ceramic/plastic menagerie( my animal ornament collection, I have quite a zoo) the animals are raging and little yertle is sitting in a tiny deck-chair( I have one of those!!) just kicking back relaxing , blissed out on the music....
amidst the mayhem...peace
??????
I just thought of that...it's early days yet....cheers:)

ideas ideas ideas..overwhelming

all is not lost............yet.

Triple J are offering a second, no third chance.
For the next ten days they will be asking a question of some of the bands that are performing at Slendour. This morning's effort asked of Frenzal Rhomb
"What in your opinion is the human's most splendid organ?"

seems we're off to a good Aussie JJJ start.
I am not going to give up hoping...just yet.

The aforementioned chair...there was dew on the grass and everything. I cannot possibly enter a photography competition with my elcheapo digital camera:(

Attachments

• sitgjune03.jpg
    sitgjune03.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 30
they changed the question for Frenzal Rhomb. it was
"who wouldn't you piss on if they were on fire?"..oh they are so rude

Todays question asked of Adam from the music
"what is the most splendid fruit in the world?"

This is going to get very silly. It will be hilarious if I should happen to win. Not only do you get a double pass to the festival you get airfares and accomodation. I live near the festival and stay with my parents. I'll just have to go to Brisbane so I can fly for the first time.

Why didn't I just buy a ticket earlier on? They were $100, now they are selling for about $500.

In the words of Peter and Kate and Willie and Sinead...

DON"T GIVE UP!

here 'tis..baby love

I had this photo made into a fridge magnet when we were fund-raising to build the Preschool. So that is why it is a bit round and a bit fuzzy. He'll be 21 in September:faint: I only just realised his birthday and the day Iris Hewson died are the same...day not year. My happiest , Bono's saddest.
:hug: ABEL, Tomas and Bono:hug:

Attachments

• baby tomas.jpg
    baby tomas.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 24
aww that is a beautiful pic cass, and I do see the resemblance you mentioned to my niece :cute: :hug: :heart:

Thanx ABEL. He's my darlin':angel: that's for sure.

asked of Ugly Duckling- what is the most splendid abbreviation?
asked of Magic Dirt-what is the most splendid haircut?

we all thought she was going to say "the mullet"

I really really REALLY want to win this one:hyper:

PS: JJJ also have a Metallica competition running via Andrew Hogue's Tuesday night show "Full Metal Racket"
He quoted Bob Rock on the last show and what he said about the sound, the drums in particular .
Hub did a workshop with a nice Protools guy from Vancouver who worked on the "S&M" album. It is in reaction to that, just as we suspected.:applaud:

hmmmmmmmmmm, not good musiclovers
My mother kindly mailed me the entry forms required for the JJJ Splendour comp. The fine print says "the winner will be the best entry as judged by Adam and Wil.."
"best entry"?
I thought you just needed 10 correct answers and it was a lucky draw. Are they going to read the thousands of entries they will surely receive? Do they expect artwork? a bribe?
:(
I'll press on regardless.
Today's question of Darren Middleton from Powderfinger-
"what is the most splendid organ in your body?"

and :(:(:(
I was having trouble with the on/off switch on my aforementioned elcheapo digital camera. The whole thing is Kaput now:(
I actually got a very moving email from my nephew a few weeks ago. He suggested I invest in a good camera and he complemented my photography ability.
If only baby.....

anyway onwards and upwards
Splendour here I come:):):)

gerling- what is the most splendid "made-up" swear word?
Veruca Salt - what is the most splendid breakfast?

3 to go....

It could only happen on JJJ. During the night they have a ring-in contest called "Search for the Best Bedroom Licker"
oh dear...
people play their lead guitar over the telephone:lmao:

One more day..............this is going to be a tough one to win, there will be 1000's of entries.

asked of the Sleepy Jacksons- what is the most splendid deadly sin?

asked of The Fergusons- what is the most splendid form of underwear?

It's real Mensa stuff, isn't it:eyebrow: :sexywink: :lmao:

ah-ha! I knew there had to be a catch. This is where the art/skill comes in

The big dangly rat poohs.
Question #10
It's not really a question, not the like the previous nine. I wish it was...
If Adam , Wil or Zoe were DJing at the "Splendour" concert, what would be there DJ/MC name?
OMIGOD!!..they want amusing/clever clever..I just know it:(

they have had a guy from Byron Bay ringing up as theie unofficial tourist reporter:lmao: he has been complaining about the buskers who play bongoes..badly and this morning he said
"please , if you are staying in Byron for the concert, don't give the buskers money. Give them those little packets of shampoo and soap you get at your motel...they NEED them!!"

as a consequence of that at the comedy show Adam and Will are doing at the BB Bowlo that weekend, Wil is going to ceremoniyusly set fire to a pile of bongos with a buskers firestick and Adam is going to defrock and take a public bath:eyebrow: (he thinks the Aussie censors may close down the show like they did with the movie "Kent Park")
I will be on the phone asap, booking a ticket for the Bowlo:evil: I have a very old vinyl record from when JJJ started and it was called 2JJ. I want to give it to Adam....and I want to have a laugh....and with any luck i'll run into Chris Martin or Bernard Fanning:drool:
Anyway...that's the BIG idea...win cass a double pass to the "Splendour In the Grass" contest.

I want to be there and look at the stars and see how they shine for you:)
DJ JJ?
MC Wil Ling& ABEL?:hug:

well , it's in the lap of the gods now

I just sent away my photgraph and my cleverclever answers to JJJ.
I'm crossing everything
fingers x toes
beer x champage
chocolate x tacos
chicken x road
chihuahua x bagpipes
U2 x dolly parton
prayers x voodoo
koalas x here at night

EVERYTHING

a snowflakes chance in hell...but who knows

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo

I just found another Splendour In the Grass competition.:eeklaugh:

In 25 words or less tell us what band would you like to see at the concert and why

just because.............:dance::drool: :cool: :laugh: :dance: :hug: :bow: :combust: :applaud: just because............

well 3 strikes and your'e out!!
I didn't win...obviously.
The concert is on
RIGHT NOW!!:(:(
and I'm here:)
not there:(

I just heard a live cross on TripleJ...most of the staff are up there. they got free tickets obviously:(
ack good luck to them

funny thing( I have a feeling it was set up and quite deliberate) the reporter was having trouble talking loud enough to be heard over the ..........
BONGO DRUMS!!!
:lmao: I'll wager Adam and Wil had something to do with that.

It rained overnight up there and the artists )apparently) have been sleeping in tents. They warned people not to wear their Sunday best and white shoes. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say in interviews later........an experience.
I hope dear little Chris Martin stays dry and warm and hits those high notes tomorrow night:hug:
not that I'll be ther to hear it

It's ALLLLLLLLLLL about bongos

:hug: dear little Chris Martin:hug:
Sorry about all that man. I wish your experience here had been better. I hope you enjoyed lunch at the Opera House, one of my friends who I've known since the day he was born is the top apprentice chef there. At least that bit of your Oz Experience was good.....I hope.

Back
Top Bottom