I need help cat lovers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Here's the story-

A cat lives 2 doors down. A Tortoiseshell. I am assuming female as I have never heard of a male tortie before, although Im sure its possible. I dont know if it's desexed.
I have a very old Tom, he's 15 years old. He is a quiet cat who wants to be left alone. Said tortie comes over all the time to fight with my old Tom. This cat down the road has no fear. She will sit on my driveway having yowl-offs with Matty (my cat) and I can run at her, yell, make the 'piss cat off' noises, nothing. I cannot physically harm this cat, as Im a cat person. But I have no idea what to do. I used to have a tortie myself once, and she was never quite tame, she was ok with us, but has many traits like this neighbour's cat.

Obviously one solution is to talk to the neighbour who owns the cat. But knowing what this guy is like, I know he will not take it seriously, he tends to laugh when he hears them fighting - He really is such a dickwad, he has to be seen to be believed. I dont want to take it to the pound, as I not only not want to touch this cat as she will go extremely feral if I do, but I think there must be another solution. Its only a real problem because my cat like I said is very old. He doesn't have long left, and he pretty much does what he wants. If he wants to lie in the shade, he will, or in the sun. I am not locking him away when I dont have to, he deserves his peace and quiet. He also never goes more than a couple of metres from the front door, so he is not an issue to the neighbourhood.

help!

Get a spray bottle. Whenever said cat comes near your place, spray it with the bottle. It should get the picture.
smile.gif

Or you could get a big vicious dog.
tongue.gif

First off, I'd pay good money to see this:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
I can run at her, yell, make the 'piss cat off' noises
But seriously, I agree with Diemen about the spray bottle. They hate that. You mention that your cat doesn't go very far, so you could try sprinkling "cat-repellant" (preferable organic) around your property.

for a small cash payment, i will settle your cat problem.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

hehe thanx guys, I was contemplating the water, thing is I have to catch her first, she sometimes runs off before I can get out.

Actually, you would have loved it Klod, one time I stood over her doing the cat noise thing...and she did it back at me! She just sat there like ...well, a cat, and gave me this look! I was like..."you're a ....cat! get some friggin respect you stupid cow!"
I was so shocked. Hoity little furball that she is.

Im quiet cheap really (take that the way you will) for the service I provide.

Who else will rub out a cat for under $20??

------------------

*sigh*

What is it about tortoiseshell cats causing trouble??

*looks over just in time to see my tortoiseshell knock over a lamp*

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Hmmmm...

I have a tortoise shell too.

Trouble makers.
mad.gif

Yeah, spray her with a hose or something. Dont take her to the pound!!
eek.gif

Maybe you could trap her and take her to an animal rescue place? They may want a tortie, as those arent too common.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

too late...i have dealt with the matter...move along please.

------------------

Okay, so my tortie Moo has been sprayed so many times with the water bottle she now likes it. Damn torties.
If you have flea spray around use that. They really don't like flea spray.

I am gonna agree with the spray technique, but you can also collect pebbles, when she comes, throw them NEAR her, as opposed to AT her. This may work where water fails, I mean if she's into water and all. And yes it is a she, there are no male tortishells. Good luck!

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Maybe you could trap her and take her to an animal rescue place? They may want a tortie, as those arent too common.
You can't just steal cats, even if they are annoying.

I stole a garden flamingo once. But we gave it back when the neighbour got annoying about it.

Some folks have no sense of humour.

Im going to try the water, but the stupid cat sat in the rain the other day growling at me, I dont think she minds water at all.

I don't know how true this is, but someone once told me that putting lots of old pop bottles filled with water around your yard is a good way to keep cats away. Or would that stop your cat going wherever he likes too?

Hye Whizbee! I've heard that too. I dont know how it works. I could try it, my cat can just suffer a bit, he tends to crap in the garden beds anyway, which although annoying, doesnt really matter...so it might help in both ways!

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
I stole a garden flamingo once. But we gave it back when the neighbour got annoying about it.

Some folks have no sense of humour.
*cocoa squirting out of nose*

I'd just spray it with water Angie, there's not much else you can do. Are you sure it's a girl? Usually it's the guys that fight pretty bad (supposedly, although my cats all fight regardless of sex---but then again theyre all fixed so WHO REALLY KNOWS?). But if it is a male, and he isnt fixed, maybe that would help. But uhhh that would require talking to the owner
biggrin.gif

I know, I know, don't bother thanking me for my wonderful advice!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Klodomir:
QUOTE]You can't just steal cats, even if they are annoying.
Oh yes you can. In the USA at least. Its totally legal.
Unfortunately, most people just send them to the pound after they catch them, condemning them to death. With some of them you can trap, spay/neuter,vaccinate, and then release them again.
With pets that belong to people that dont give a rats ass about them, its much better to just find them a home with someone who DOES care.

Here's my two cents.

Call animal control and tell them the situation. Explain that the cat has a home and an owner, but that the owner is not taking responsibility for the cat causing problems. If your neighbor won't listen to you, he will listen to them if they notify him that a complaint has been filed against him and his cat causing problems on other people's property.

And if they can't do anything legally, maybe they can give you some good, accurate advice for keeping the cat away from your house.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Miss MacPhisto, I was speaking from a moral point of view rather than a legal one. Besides, I would think that you of all people would be against stealing animals, since it happened to you.

Back
Top Bottom