I need computer geeks now (RE: memturbo)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
memturbo

Does this work? it is describing my problem pretty well, this computer should be incredibly fast but I don't think it's perfoming at 100% capacity or something (2.4gig compact presario)

Get a Mac G5 :yes:

As long as you're properly using the computer, like maintaining what applications are running at start-up, etc, you shouldn't need software to boost speed. I work full time as a computer tech and honestly, I've never heard of or heard any of my superiors talk about software that enhances computer speed, but maybe I'm missing something...

sounds like spyware. in fact, it is spyware. no program can make your computer faster or increase your internet connection's speed. the only things that can do these are adding more ram or upgrading to broadband internet, respectively.

given how fast your processor is, i'm sure you've got a bit of ram. as long as you've got at least 256, you're fine. if you play a lot of games and stuff, you might want to consider adding another stick of 128 or 256 mb.

You don't need it. Memory optimization is built into Windows 2000 / XP.

What you need to do, though, is have at least 512 MB of RAM, if you want things to run fast.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom