I need a new car --- What should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For better mileage go with a diesel and you can convert it into a grease car. I've got a 1981 Mercedes 300 D. It has about half a million miles on it and it runs great. I can go about 700 miles on one tank of diesel. I'm going to turn it into a grease car when I get the money. There is a place in town that sells recycled fast food grease for $1.65 a gallon or you can get it for free. Of course I'm lucky because one of my son's friends works at a Mercedes garage. The Germans are some of the best engineers in the world and make excellent cars.
Next time get a VW.

watergate said:

Next time get a VW.

It came down to the Outback and a VW Passat wagon. Test drove both back-to-back today, and even though the Passat had a Turbo engine, it drove like a tank. The Outback hugged the road and felt like a breeze, while the Passat was disappointing to drive second.

Oh my gosh! I just read the last couple pages. Glad everything turned out okay and SHE'S SO CUTE!!!

I loved the Outback. Hope it treats you well.

Peace.

watergate said:
The Germans are some of the best engineers in the world and make excellent cars.
Next time get a VW.

VWs are overpriced and even criminally so given that they're building half their models in Mexico these days.

I used to have a Golf back in high school, about 11-12 years ago. I liked it well enough but certainly wouldn't pay for a new one these days.

watergate said:
For better mileage go with a diesel and you can convert it into a grease car. I've got a 1981 Mercedes 300 D.

I was thinking of getting the 2008 Jetta (Clean) Diesel when I sell my current car, but diesel is more available in Europe than the US.
Any diesel shortage would leave me with a practically useless car.
Too bad, because the newer ones supposedly drive like gas models and have incredible mileage.

anitram said:

VWs are overpriced and even criminally so given that they're building half their models in Mexico these days.

I used to have a Golf back in high school, about 11-12 years ago. I liked it well enough but certainly wouldn't pay for a new one these days.

That why, if you want to buy a VW, you should buy a Seat instead. Same quality cars (because they are the same cars basically, almost every part has a VW logo on it), but a lot cheaper. Also, driving one doesn't make you look like a 50 year old housewife.

Utoo said:
So, we got the Outback! Found a 2005 model that only has 13,000 miles on it---was a corporate fleet lease model that was regularly serviced and in great shape. Has a few bells & whistles, but not the highest-end available...still nice. Got it for 2K under retail and about 1K over trade-in....not too terrible. Tried to get it for exactly trade-in value, but the guy wouldn't go for it. Oh well!

Anyway, we like it & we're psyched. Now to just find some mountains, snow, or desert....:hmm:

2005.subaru.outback.29951-E.jpg

Sweeeeetnesss :love:

Utoo said:
So, we got the Outback! Found a 2005 model that only has 13,000 miles on it---was a corporate fleet lease model that was regularly serviced and in great shape. Has a few bells & whistles, but not the highest-end available...still nice. Got it for 2K under retail and about 1K over trade-in....not too terrible. Tried to get it for exactly trade-in value, but the guy wouldn't go for it. Oh well!

Anyway, we like it & we're psyched. Now to just find some mountains, snow, or desert....:hmm:

2005.subaru.outback.29951-E.jpg

wtg :hi5:
I recommend the Blue Ridge Parkway :D

unico said:

wtg :hi5:
I recommend the Blue Ridge Parkway :D

:hmm:

I thought it was cool that when we test drove it, the guy drove us out 10 minutes away just to go on some curvy, hilly roads. Sweet. :D

I had a 97 Legacy wagon and now drive a midnight blue 06 Impreza. You will like your new Subaru.

Back
Top Bottom