I nearly made it on MTV Asia...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripThruUreWires

I serve MacPhisto
now here is the part that really belongs in zoo confessionals:

i had made it as a finalist for a contest in which the winner would have the opportunity to go and directly interview....dun dun duh..kylie monogue today on mtv asia (don't even ask how i ended up in this predicament)

there were five other people competing...i should note 4 out of the 6 finalists were NOT kylie fans. the remaining two were merely lukewarm fans. i felt bad for kylie, so i had someone right "I Luv Kylie" across my forehead.

i was forced to sing a snippet of a kylie song LIVE OVER THE RADIO (i had to hurry up and find a kylie song and lyrics via the internet 15 minutes before the contest).. i lost...but hey, i got a cheap bookbag with an mtv logo, pen, t-shirt and kylie minogue cd out of it....so all is well.....although..come to think of it, i really wanted to do the locomotion with kylie. :sad:

congrats trip....the pen sounds useful

of course I have a Kylie story( small font is an attempt to make it less boring) She just sashayed her way thru Australia in a white dress that, (as my mother would say) you could almost see what she had for breakfast.. The girl is well built, if you don't agree with Bono about big girls.
She may be little, but she's tough. One of the reasons she came to Oz, was to receive and ARIA "Lifetime " Achievement Award
She refused to accept it with that name, she has plenty more music in her( just thought I'd share that joyous news with y'all...it means more "Kylie clips" Salome. fabrics are getting more versatile (clingy) in the new millenium, Kyliefood for thought...come to Oz to watch cricket and visit Kylieville)

ANYWAY....they changed it to "Outstanding Achievement Award" at her request.

Yes kylie :ohmy: my hub believes you are 'outstanding" .That was one vote.:drool: :tongue: :censored: :eyebrow: :wave:

She was gracious though..she said "Can't get U Out of My Head" was such a great well-written song, that anyone could have sung it and had a hit with it. SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE kylie.
"can't get you out of my..."**cass looks around** Where did everyone go?"

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Kasey Chambers beat her to the Best Album Award. I am still floating about that one.

And I'm glad you had fun musiclover trip. Keep your hand in for when U2 get here. I expect you to WIN a U2 contest.

Brooke-
Im glad u didnt make the cut..
The world knows that you are WAY too hot for MTV;)

DB9
:cool:

diamond said:
Brooke-
Im glad u didnt make the cut..
The world knows that you are WAY too hot for MTV;)

DB9
:cool:

haha. i very highly doubt that was the case.
i believe it had something to do with the fact that i am still an american citizen, caucasion, and speak with an "ever-so-slight" jersey accent. i don't think i would have been an accurate and good representive of singapore's kylie monogue fanbase ;)

----
hey yertle-the-turtle, what area of singapore are you from?

Back
Top Bottom