I miss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Argh Ana!! Me too, and our second season finished yonks ago! that darn Sarah Marie and that :censored: Bum Dance!

Shoot me now.

Reality TV. What a misnomer.

AngelofLarrydom said:

Six Feet Under

:heart: You saw the season premiere, yes?? :hyper:

I hate all sitcoms, except Sex & the City which is both hilarious AND doesn't have the sitcom laugh track.

I totally agree with you daisybean...although it's the well written dramas I miss. The growth and acceptance of all the "reality" TV in the past decade is very disappointing. What the media mogils get away with these days borders on the criminal.

the reality shows rely on the intelligence and ability to be interesting of the "actors"...hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I found the first Big Brother quite addictive ( Angela, I think Sara-Marie struck a blow for "acceptance of "big girls" by others and more importantly , by themselves....the "bum dance" perhaps should have been edited out) I didn't find it to be quality TV , but it was addictive.

Give me a good documentary any day.

What sucks is that actors are demanding these huge insane salaries....so more and more studios and networks are turning to the "reality" shows, which are cheaper for them to produce.

Why should a studio pay Jennifer Aniston 1 billion dollars a day when a million wannabe actors will take $1,000 for eating some bugs.

yeah good point. shark week is awesome. i used to watch shark week with this kid i babysat.

This is why I only watch Nick at Nite, Cartoon Network (Adult Swim :hyper: ) and music channels. Most new sitcoms aren't any good, and I absolutely hate reality shows.

I think they're waning, though.. they've been popular since.. 2000, right? Unless they come up with some brilliant new take on it, I think they're on the way out.

they're not waning. Do you see the amount of reality shows on nowadays?

It's disgusting. I'll admit I watched The Batchelor and The Batchelorette and American Idol, but that's where it stops.

this Married show and Im a Celebrity get me out of here, is just plain insulting to the intelligence of Americans.

I can see both sides however. The actors wanting these huge salaries are ridiculous.
But, I have two friends who are SAG members and they boycott all reality series because they say it is taking away from job opportunities for them.

I think sitcoms are lame. :yawn: Sorry. There are very few good creative ones. I think you don't see them as much anymore, because the times have changed.
Have you watched an episode of Cheers, or Growing Pains or any of the like recently? They are not funny anymore. My friends and I came to this conclusion the other week. Sit through an episode of Who's the Boss. :down: I can't believe we used to laugh at that stuff.
The only sitcoms I watch are Friends, Will & Grace and recently 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter.

I like reality televison, but I agree too, that it is getting out of control. I stick to originals like Survivor, Amazing Race, and well... I admit I love American Idol, but that's it.
I got sucked into Joe Millionaire and the Bacherolette, but I am done. :|

Nope, you're not the only one.

I want sitcoms back, too.

I am sick to death of reality television! Enough of it already! Please!

Honestly, how many more versions of "Survivor" or "The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette" or whatever else can we have or do we need? Sheesh.

Angela

I hate TV and honestly the only actual show I watch is ER and I'm bored with it but I've watched it since the first show so I can't stop now. If I don't have anything to do, which is rare, I will watch a Law and Order, I think there are 3 different versions out now. I like it cause you don't get involved with the regular characters "lives" you just watch them solve the mystery at hand then the show is over. I haven't been able to find a single sitcom in years that is actually worth remembering to take time out to watch.

I will say that I do watch the "reality" shows because I think they are more interesting then most of the sitcoms. I only watch a select few and sometimes I get bored those as well. My computer in general is way more intersting then anything on TV.

I just don't think the sitcoms these days are all the exciting. Fraiser and Will and Grace are ok and again, if I'm bored, I will watch them.

I would watch a rerun of a late 70's early 80's classic over any sitcom that is out today.

I know what you mean Daisy! I don't really have time to watch TV. But all these new sitcoms are just lame and ugh. So yeah, I watch Nick at Nite when I'm up late doing home work! Family Ties, Three's Company, All in the Family.... I :heart: those TV sitcoms! :D

TV does suck......with the exception of C.S.I. and Clone High. I'm just getting into that show.....funny stuff. I think cartoons gearded toward adults and college kids are going to save tv.

I mostly watch BBC America nowadays. :huh: Oh and TLC with "Trading Spaces."

I still watch NBC on Thursdays.

Melon

arw9797 said:
Fraiser and Will and Grace are ok and again, if I'm bored, I will watch them.

I love "Frasier", but it was at its best before they got Daphne and Niles together.

My parents always hate it when a sitcom brings two people together who've liked each other (or in the cases where just one person has a crush on someone who doesn't notice them in that way) for most of the show-they say it ruins it. And I have to agree. The sexual tension is what made the episodes funny...once they're together it just drains it of some of the comedy.

Originally posted by arw9797
I would watch a rerun of a late 70's early 80's classic over any sitcom that is out today.

Yeah, my parents watch a lot of Nick at Nite and TV Land shows...there's some good shows on those channels.

Angela

melon said:
I mostly watch BBC America nowadays. :huh: Oh and TLC with "Trading Spaces."

I still watch NBC on Thursdays.

Melon
BBC is okay, i like the human intrest programms and newsnight.

Edit :

Oops, BBC uk i mean. I wonder if there is a big difference between BBC uk and BBC America.

Last edited:
I miss "Seinfeld"...Dad and I watch the reruns everynight though (except for Sunday because none are shown on Sundays).

I :heart: "My Wife and Kids" though...there have been a couple things on it that irked me, but overall, it's pretty damn hilarious.

Junior...:lmao:...what a dolt...

Back
Top Bottom