I met all four members of COLDPLAY!!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2002, 04:54 PM   #1
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 09:29 PM
I met all four members of COLDPLAY!!!!

DISCLAIMER: This email may/does contain content that could/will be considered as concert SPOILERS. Read on at your own discretion....

ok........ so here's the deal. I am much more calm than I was yesterday so I will try and write the story down. (....ahhhh as I listen to an acoustic version of Yellow)

So............. I went down to Seattle on for the Coldplay gig on Wednesday. I was meeting up with some people at the venue around 11am.... there were only a few others in line, so we decided to stay, in order to secure a good spot up front. Good thing we did, as you will soon find out..... The End radio station set up shop right in front of us lining up so we got to hear tunes all day and we got to hear Chris and Johnny's in studio interview at noon. After performing an acoustic "In My Place" on air, Chris requested to hear U2's new single "Electrical Storm". Very cool... standing outside the Paramount, waiting for your second favourite band to play, listening to your favourite band on the radio!! Anyway... so about a half hour had passed by since the interview had ended when a black limo drives up along side the venue. We all look at eachother in amazement and ran over to the side of the bldg. where the limo was parked. The window was open and you could see Chris sitting inside. I was shaking... I couldn't believe that was him. I didn't know if they would actually come out and talk to us, or scurry straight into the bldg. for soundcheck... when, lo and behold, the door opens and Mr. Chris Martin steps out and walks straight towards us. It didn't feel real.

[...Let me just stop and say, I am not one to get too star struck or really care so much about meeting celebrities, but when it comes to my absolute favourite rock stars, I am without words. I had tried to meet U2 and always failed... Never did I ever think that I would get the opportunity to meet Chris, never mind the whole entire band. So let me just say, that this is not me bragging, this is me wanting to tell the world what an incredible day/experience September 04th was for me... Coldplay have a very special place in my heart...]

So there was Chris and Johnny. I was totally shaking. A super cool girl in line had some Promo Postcards from HMV advertising the new album, so she gave me one and I was able to get their autographs. Never much been into autograph's before, but my god! I will treasure that postcard for the rest of my life. Chris signed Love Chris Of course he signed that for everyone, but still. lol Anyway.... so I somehow managed to ask Chris for a picture and he says 'Of Course! C'mere' and pulls me over, his hand around my waist!!! (That was for the girls!) Ok, yeah, I was melting.... Then it was Johnny's turn. What gentlemen! I just can't get over how nice they both were. They hung around for a bit, signing autographs.... Chris was standing right in front of me so I mustered up the nerve to say something... "So, you like the new U2 single Chris?" LOL I am meeting frickin Chris and Johnny of Coldplay and I am talking about U2??? He said "Oh yeah, it's great. I love U2" (not a direct quote... can't remember word for word). Then I said "I saw guys at Slane last summer." Chris responded, "Really? cool!" or something to that effect. Then I put my foot in my mouth or something and cause he went on about how much he likes U2 and I said yeah, they're my favourite. Backing up.... I said ..."but you guys rock! You guys are the best." What a loser I am... Then Chris made sure we all had tickets and said now's the time to speak up and he wrote some names down on his hand to make sure everyone got in. What an amazing fellow. Then off into the bldg. they went and we were all left on the sidewalk breathless.

About an hour or so passed by and there came Guy and Will sauntering up the street towards the venue, so we go and meet them on the corner and it was the same deal all over. Super nice guys. Guy grabs me and pulls me close for a picture, I think he even said come closer. lol I was in heaven. We got their autograph's, but I have to say the whole thing was so overwhleming I didn't have anything to say. Just sort of stood there, smiled and enjoyed the moment and everyone's moment's with them as well. *Sigh.... Life can be so grand sometimes. Then off they went and we were as high as kites. When we got back in line, we were just zombies. I couldn't believe such a thing happened to me. You are all probably thinking now, what's the big deal? Well, the big deal is things like this just do not happen to me. I met Coldplay for bloody sakes!! I just can't get over it. I am picking up my pictures this afternoon and will post them as soon as I can.

As for the show. UNBELIEVABLE. They were right on that night. Chris even mentioned that poor Johnny was not feeling so good, but you couldn't tell. They played a ton off their new album and debuted "Green Eyes" live for the first time. Just Chris and Johnny in an acoustic set. I think Johnny forgot the chords at the end and stopped playing. Chris laughed and changed up the lyrics to sing about what a great guitar player Johnny is. It was really funny!!! At the end of "Trouble" Chris stopped cold and laughed at a guy in the audience who yelled out. Chris says "don't holler at that part!" then finishes the song. They even played a snippet of Pearl Jam's "Alive" and if you can believe (as a joke of course) a snippet of Nelly's "It's Gettin' Hot Herrre" lmao!!! I won't post the setlist for those who don't want to be spoiled but it was fantastic! Oh!! and did I mention?!?! I was front row!!! Front row right by Chris and Guy.

After the gig we decided to hang out backstage for a bit, but I am not really the stalker type and left shortly after. Johnny did come out, but not the others while I was there. I left Johnny alone, because there was a swarm of fans.

Anyways... so that's my story!! Sorry it's so long. I just had such a fabulous day and wanted to share!!! I love Coldplay. They are by far my favourite band (... if of course U2 did not exist).

Cheers!

Old 09-06-2002, 04:58 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:29 PM

O
M
C
!

*dies

no.... words...

you touched them. you touched chris.

and @ "you guys rock!"

Old 09-06-2002, 05:34 PM   #3
Refugee

AWESOME !!!!

Wow !!! Thank you for sharing your story Angel...I'm really envying you right now but I'm happy for you !!! Wow they seem like such great guys !! I really, really, really hope they will come to Montreal around Xmas time !

Can't wait to see the pics !!!
Old 09-06-2002, 05:41 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

SWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Old 09-06-2002, 05:46 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Big Grin

WOW!! Congratulations!

They seem like really great guys. Someone on another board I'm on was unable to get tickets for the recent gig in London, but met Chris who put him on the guest list. They did the same thing for someone at the show I was at for someone who didn't have tickets. I saw the band when I was in line, but I wasn't a huge fan then, so I didn't talk to them.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:49 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

<~~~i think these smilies sum up my reaction to this...holy cow!!!!! that is awesome. i cannot wait to see the pictures..oh, and you left out a very important part, how were their accents?

oh and they played 'Green Eyes'?!!!!!!!!!!!! *dies* that is my favorite song right now, it is really a toss up between that and 'Warning Signs'...
Old 09-06-2002, 06:02 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
..oh, and you left out a very important part, how were their accents?
Old 09-06-2002, 06:03 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:29 PM
wink

that is really cool!

sounds like theyre a classy bunch, which is nice to see.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:11 PM   #9
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Super classy bunch bear!! Chris kept saying during the show about what an amazing time it was for the band and that they were still so in shock by it. I think they are #1 in 12 countries at the moment. Very genuine and humble guys.

As for their accents MissVelvetDress_75... can we say- to die for?

*pictures being scanned as we speak. Unfortunately the one of me and Chris is a tad blurry....
Old 09-06-2002, 07:12 PM   #10
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Ok... excuse the poor quality of the photos. A guy at work did them real quick for a favour, but it's not such a good job. Unfortunately the ones of me and Chris and Johnny are slightly off focus, but I can only blame the the person taking the picture. It was a bit of a frenzy.

Johnny after the gig.

Anyway...... that's some of them!
Old 09-06-2002, 07:36 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow!!!!

Don'tcha love it when stuff like this happens?

Too cool girl!
Old 09-06-2002, 07:56 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

yay for pictures...wow those are great!!!!!! i want to meet them now..*crosses fingers*

oh and thanks for getting back to me about the accents.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:22 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:29 PM
OMG! THAT IS SO AWESOME! I so want to see them in concert but no one will go with me to see them or take me to go see them! ARGH!
Old 09-06-2002, 08:32 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

wink

Quote:
Originally posted by adamswildhoney
OMG! THAT IS SO AWESOME! I so want to see them in concert but no one will go with me to see them or take me to go see them! ARGH!
i have one extra ticket that i want to give away to a fan...fly out here, i will take you!
Old 09-06-2002, 08:36 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75

i have one extra ticket that i want to give away to a fan...fly out here, i will take you!
I totally would if I had the money and wasnt in school right now!

Tags
coldplay