I make lame subjects.. and if i post one like i did b4, elvis is going to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make lame subjects.. and if i post one like i did b4, elvis is going to...

There is shit to do in this town (which is odd, since this is the home of the Fightin' Irish). My wife, Cthulu, and I are trying to decide what to do. There aren't any good movies out, and Cthulu's not old enought to drink.

Goddammmit.

Any ideas?

Hmmm I thought that such a profound thread title might contain some profound information... therefore my suggestion is that you two make a series of paintings entitled "Vaginas in spring" in a neuveaux modern artistic style. Both time consuming, and fun. Especially if you draw really funky flowers and all, since flowers are symbolic of the vagina and such... I digress.

My suggestion?

"The Faux Cannes."

Here's what you do, assuming you have a DVD player: find some DVD's of domestic films (that you own, or at the local blockbuster) that has the following two KEY options:

- Sound in a language other than English.
- ENGLISH subtitles.

Have a little festival at your place (two movies tonight, six over the weekend, whatever) where you play each film in a different language with English subtitles.

If you choose the films well enough, you'll have a blast.

For example, I recommend Ronin - the 1998 action flick where Robert de Niro plays a (presumably) ex-CIA agent hired as a mercenary to steal a case from other bad dudes. It has GREAT, FANTASTIC car chases.

Ronin is set in France, but the bulk of the dialogue is in English. BUT you can set the DVD to play IN FRENCH with English subtitles. It's like you're ACTUALLY watching a French action flick.

Hope this helps. :)

Bubba

Last edited:
~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Hmmm I thought that such a profound thread title might contain some profound information... therefore my suggestion is that you two make a series of paintings entitled "Vaginas in spring" in a neuveaux modern artistic style. Both time consuming, and fun. Especially if you draw really funky flowers and all, since flowers are symbolic of the vagina and such... I digress.

Uh oh...anyone who didn't see the original title of this thread is gonna think Foxymofo has gone off his rocker! :lmao:

Tomorrow afternoon, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time, you could walk over to a big grassy field near Touchdown Jesus and watch Michigan play Notre Dame. I am a fan of neither, but that is the best football game that is on tomorrow.

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:
Tomorrow afternoon, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time, you could walk over to a big grassy field near Touchdown Jesus and watch Michigan play Notre Dame. I am a fan of neither, but that is the best football game that is on tomorrow.

~U2Alabama

i just got back. it was one of the best games i've ever been to. i could seriously implode.

hey NGL - have you ever been to the malabar? it's soooooooooo good. :drool: you should go.

First, let me say I object to the subject of this thread being changed. There's nothing wrong with the words vaginas, in, or spring.

That said, I've never been to the Malabar (one of the few restaurants in town I haven't been to), as my wife hates the spicy food, and I guess they have spicy food there.

As for Vaginas in Spring, the name just occurred to me as I was thinking of a title for this thread. I thought it sounded like a great title for something, and I didn't want to forget it.

So, I have this great title that I don't want to forget, and I have this thread without a title. It seemed only logical to put them together.

Vaginas in Spring gives me a mental image of birth and innocence. If you think about it with an open mind, it sort of says something... I don't know... beautiful. Vagina and spring are very similar in some respects. The vagina signifies our own birth, while spring is the time when all life on the planet emerges. Spring is filled with life and energy, and everything blooms beautifully. The vagina also blooms and brings forth life. It, too, is filled with life and energy.

You may think of the vagina as a dirty sex organ that only the perverted think about. You are wrong. The vagina is a beautiful wonder of nature. It is the source of life. It is the core of womanhood. It demands and deserves respect. To call Vaginas in Spring a lame title is an act of ignorence. Vaginas in Spring is symbolic and profound. It is something we all must think about and accept. It is important to our very being. In a sense, we are all Vaginas in Spring.

Screaming Flower said:
i just got back. it was one of the best games i've ever been to. i could seriously implode.

Screaming:

I commend you, Lemonite, TheU2 and your Tarnished Dome for Saturday's game, especially on the achievement of Notre Dame's first offensive touchdown of 2002. We watched some of it on a portable TV while tailgating before the Bama game.

I said last year that I though Willingham would be a good coach for the Irish, and I continue to believe so, especially after a win over Michigan.

~U2Alabama

Not George Lucas said:
You may think of the vagina as a dirty sex organ that only the perverted think about. You are wrong. The vagina is a beautiful wonder of nature. It is the source of life. It is the core of womanhood. It demands and deserves respect. To call Vaginas in Spring a lame title is an act of ignorence. Vaginas in Spring is symbolic and profound. It is something we all must think about and accept. It is important to our very being. In a sense, we are all Vaginas in Spring.
a couple observations...

1. my guess is, is that it was probably changed because some people found it offensive. (i can say i personally didn't receive any complaints or e-mails about this so i can't say one way or the other) i'm not saying *i* think the word is offensive, but i know we have some youngins here, and i'm sure there are some mothers who read the forums with their kids sitting next to them, etc.

2. i wouldn't say calling it lame is ignorant...just maybe the wrong use of an adjective.

3. that paragraph kinda scares me. i mean, i'm a woman and all, and i'm "in touch" with my feminity, but...eek.

U2Bama said:

Screaming:

I commend you, Lemonite, TheU2 and your Tarnished Dome for Saturday's game, especially on the achievement of Notre Dame's first offensive touchdown of 2002. We watched some of it on a portable TV while tailgating before the Bama game.

I said last year that I though Willingham would be a good coach for the Irish, and I continue to believe so, especially after a win over Michigan.

~U2Alabama

thank you bama. despite your use of the phrase, "tarnished dome," i still think you're lovely.

i :heart: willingham.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Especially if you draw really funky flowers and all, since flowers are symbolic of the vagina and such... I digress.
now I'm even more scared of Screaming Flower

Salome said:
now I'm even more scared of Screaming Flower

i am truly appalled. you are one sick little puppy, salami. your name brings up more questionable connotations than mine anyway.

:mad:

Not George Lucas said:

Not George, I've got to disagree with you. The fallopian tubes are the source of life. They are the core of womanhood. They demand and deserve respect. The thread should have been titled Fallopian Tubes in Spring. That would have been a good title. That title would not have been changed. Why? Because Fallopian Tubes in Spring is symbolic and profound. It it something we all must think about and accept. It it important to our being. In a sense, we are all Fallopian Tubes in Spring.

I know this may seem like an odd thing (it is odd for me) I am at a certain loss at this thread. All I could picture when I was finished reading it was two dogs in a hand basket talking about football and heading straight to the inferno (metaphorically) below.
:coocoo:

ghetofabu said:
All I could picture when I was finished reading it was two dogs in a hand basket talking about football and heading straight to the inferno (metaphorically) below.

Are you saying that Screaming Flower and me are dogs going to hell in a basket?

I am not making slight towards your persons or forays with the dog reference. It was just the animal I saw in my head. Just a subconcious choice I imagine. I just saw this subject taking a odd, weird, crazy, turn and that was the 'hell in a hand basket' reference. It was just even more odd that you were conversing on sports in the middle of the other topic. Does this make any sense?? *as I put the crack pipe down* :crack: :coocoo:

Back
Top Bottom