I made the best mixed CD last night, that's right, the BEST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Track List:

1. Flaming Lips - Do you Realize?
2. Porcupine Tree - Prodigal
3. Howie Day - Ghost
4. Nickel Creek - Reasons Why
5. Lamb - Gorecki
6. Paul Oakenfold ft. Emiliana Torrini - Hold Your Hand
7. Boards of Canada - Turqouise Hexagon Sun
8. Bjork - Hunter
9. The Flaming Lips - Fight Test
10. Pulp - Common People
11. Matthew Good - Weapon
12. Turin Brakes - Pain Killer
13. Coldplay - I Ran Away
14. Radiohead (Zero 7 Remix) - Climbing Up the Walls
15. Sigur Ros - #1
16. Emiliana Torrini - Gollum's Song

Ok... My synopsis... Lamb, Bjork, Matthew Good, Coldplay Radiohead and Emiliana Torrini are old favourites of mine that I highly recommend to you all.

The rest are all new to me, and recommended to me by you. So.... what can you tell me about these artists?

Flaming Lips intrigue me... but will I like a whole album?
Porcupine Tree are good... but see above.
Howie Day has a great voice, but when I search for his songs... cover tune upon cover tune come up. Is he just a cover tune artist? :| If so, buh-bye.
Nickel Creek I know nothing about.
Pulp- are they from the 70's? :huh: They sound like yer typical punk band, but a tad more interesting.
Turin Brakes... ? What can you tell me about this artist?
Sigur Ros I have recently explored and enjoy very much. :heart:

Sure, I could look all this up on the internet, but then I wouldn't get to boast about my great CD. :D

Cheers for the Lamb. And one can never go wrong with 'Common People'.

Pulp are from the 90s, although they've been around since the 70s. Perviest band ever.

Last edited:
Turin Brakes are GREAT. Their new album is good, but I still like their first (The Optimist LP) better. It's one of those albums that you can listen to straight through. :heart:

Howie Day :drool:

I just listened to some song samples on Amazon. :heart:

I am such a sucker for this kind of music. "Ghost" has got to be one of the m ost beautiful songs I have ever heard. Kinda reminds me of David Gray. :drool:

(And he has a song called Kristina :sexywink: )

Yeah, the Howie Day CD is good, but he does do more covers than anyone I've ever seen. He does a pretty good job of them, though, so it's okay. I actually like his covers of Karma Police and One.

meegannie said:
Yeah, the Howie Day CD is good, but he does do more covers than anyone I've ever seen. He does a pretty good job of them, though, so it's okay. I actually like his covers of Karma Police and One.

he plays some wrong chords on karma police.:der:

Back
Top Bottom