I LOVE THE WINTER OLYMPICS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok, so I admit it...I am a Winter Olympics junkie. I think I've watched the coverage every day and night so far.
eek.gif

Great moments like seeing Stephanie Balmondo of Italy come from 2nd place at the LAST MOMENT to win the women's cross-country race...a virtual unknown youngster from Switzerland winning the K90 ski-jump...American Derek Parr who wasn't even expected to do anything in the 5000m speedskating break the world record and end up with a silver medal....this is the kind of stuff that makes me LOVE these games!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And that's only the first few days! I can see I'm not going to get much done in the next few weeks. lol.

Oh and also...I love it when non-Americans win gold medals. Not because I'm not rooting for my country (I am), but because I wanna hear some unique national anthems, dammit! I know my own quite well, I want to learn new stuff.
biggrin.gif
(can hum the entire Norwegian anthem now since it seemed like it was played almost every other event in Lillehammer.
tongue.gif
)

-sula

Olympics are boring. Summer and Winter. I tried hard to be interested in athletics, but I failed...
wink.gif

------------------
Take the money and run

Me too, sula!!! Aren't the games great! And when they throw in a U2 song here and there, well, I'm just in heaven.

Even the TV coverage isn't bothering me this time...you know, too much coverage of the US athlethes, the time delay. Hey, it's still better than watching the Sydney Olympics....the newspaper coverage the next day was out about the same time as the TV coverage!! That was weird. (how many times can I use the word "coverage" in a sentence? jeez)

The blue skies...the snow covered mountains..makes you wish you were there!

More snowboarding & skiing today, YAY!

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 02-11-2002).]

Me too! I am an Olympics junkie. It totally sucks that Olympics and ballet season are on at EXACTLY the same time this year!

Tonight Canada might win the first gold medal in pairs skating in 40 years of Russian/former USSR rule! I am going to be a nervous wreck. They are a very attractive pair, and David Pelletier has some rather Larryesque qualities to him too!
biggrin.gif

yeah! So far the coverage seems to be pretty well-rounded. They've been showing bios of the favorites in the events regardless of if they're from the US or no. And more complete coverage of stuff like the moguls and the skiing...not just the three winners and the US contenders. I'm lovin' it.

Pairs figure skating tonite!!! I'm rooting for the Canadians!
biggrin.gif

-sula

Hehehe sula already knows how I feel abou the winter olympics, but allow me to reitterate for everyone else... olympics WOOOOO!!!!

I love the olympics. I have been staying up so late every night and do not realize that it is 2AM because i get so caught up in watching them. I was so happy to see a segment about Eddie the Eagle last night. i loved that guy.
biggrin.gif
I watched the luge, some hockey, the ski jumpers and snowboarding last night. It was great. All of those athletes amaze me. I missed the speedskating yesterday but heard all about Derek Parra performance. I think the coverage has been pretty good so far.

The Derek Parra thing was great. UnforgettableFoxFire can attest to it as we were IMing at the time it happened.
biggrin.gif
*sula goes from chatting to "omg, this is so cool...our dude just broke a world record!"* lol.

I couldn't believe that a homeboy from San Bernardino got a silver for speedskating!! (I used to live in San Bernardino and this is the only time I've actually admitted that cause it's kind of a yucky city)

I'm rooting for the Canadians tonite too!!! Although I thought the American pair skated really well Saturday nite (and to Pink Floyd!), I don't think there is anyway they can medal
frown.gif

Originally posted by jezebel:
Although I thought the American pair skated really well Saturday nite (and to Pink Floyd!), I don't think there is anyway they can medal
frown.gif

They were alright, but let's face it... American pairs figure skating pretty much sucks. Sometimes it feels like we should just pack it up and go home. lol. Now in singles skating....well that's another story.
wink.gif
(Go Michelle!
biggrin.gif
)

Canada was ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

I haven't been so furious since...since...well it had something to do with U2 but I can't think straight. This is probably the only thing we would have won Gold for (maybe Boorne & Kraatz or Elvis might pull through but at the rate things are going probably not!)

They should have won! Not that the Russians aren't beautiful skaters, but Sale and Pelletier were PERFECT! This is so UNFAIR!!!!!
frown.gif

We love David & Jaimie!!! And are so proud!

ogsp01.jpg

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 02-11-2002).]

I like the Olympics because they have the fast-paced and extreme sports
Fast-faced: Luge, Bobsled
Extreme: Snowboarding
Cool in General: HOCKEY!!!
That was so cool how the U.S. swept Men's Halfpipe.

don't worry, Mrs. Edge. The Canadians won in the hearts of the world! They were SO GOOD.

I swear, the Russians can fall down all night long and they'll still win. I think though that even the Russians knew that the Canadians should have won. It's that stupid scoring system....maybe FINALLY it will be overhauled now

frown.gif
frown.gif

BTW, I am really proud of Ino & Zimmerman, they skated their hearts out!

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 02-11-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom