I Love The 90s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:
VH1 is just out of ideas for programs. 90 and 91 were cool, but once the years are less than 10 years past it's just lame cash in. How can you wax nostalgic about 1999? Wow, 5 years ago. Shit on them.

agreed.

I've been sick all week with strep throat and all the fun shit that goes along with it, so the only thing I've been able to do is watch TV. Basic cable TV. Meaning that I have seen these episodes a few more times than I'd like to say.

The Snapple Lady (who, by the way, I didn't even think was that big of a deal in the 90s or ever) said on one of the shows that they're doing a whole separate round called I Love the 90s Part Deux. So, maybe then they'll cover Friends, Seinfeld, and Achtung Baby.

The '99 show just seems silly to me. They mention Fight Club as if it were a 70s flick. I had just seen it for the first time a few weeks ago!

Am I old? Or young? What am I supposed to feel?! Stupid VH1.

Today I was thinking about how VH1 stands for Video Hits 1. They and MTV should really change their names because neither one of these channels is about music or videos anymore. VH1 especially should just call themselves "Crappy Pop Culture and Lots of Pointless Countdowns Television" or something. These I Love the Whatevers shows are kinda fun, yeah, but I'm sad that VH1 can't think of anything better (i.e., music related) to do with their channel.

You're right Heartland Girl. and Keocmb I've been laid up after having knee surgery and have watched alot of this and haven't seen anything on U2 except the background music mentioned earlier. Matter of fact they don't mention any music other than hip hop and the dance music of the year they are talking about. It's lame for sure. I didn't watch half the crap, in the 90's they talk about anyway. Didn't expect anything different from VH1. If it isn't Brittney or Jessica Simpson, the're at a loss of what to put on. :huh: Needless to say I've been reading alot.

bonosloveslave said:
I am Tivo-ing this, watched only '90 so far - did ya catch EBTTRT in the background music at one point? :hyper:

I can't remember what they were talking about when it was playing just I was just listening to the song :der:

It was during the Jack Kevorkian bit. :ohmy: :eyebrow:

I was dissappointed about there not being any mention of ZooTV, Achtung Baby, not even Popmart, albeit not one of U2's best moments.

The one part that kept cracking me up, which is probably not something I should laugh at, was where they'd show that clip of Ice Cube yelling, "you gotta problem!" then shooting someone with a gun, during different people's comments.

Back
Top Bottom