I Love The 80's - Strikes Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will watch it, but not necessarily the premiere of it. You know they will show it a million repeats of it like they did the first one.

I :heart: the 80s!

I'm watching!!

The first one was the funniest thing I'd seen in a long time. :laugh: (I love the 70's left something to be desired!)

I'm only 21, but it was weird how much I remembered...

i've not seen it, but i know they'll be re-running it up the watusi. it's a shame i missed it cuz i'd had my television schedule all planned out (there was a ton of stuff i wanted to see tonight).

There was some funny stuff tonight. Loved the Flash Gordon bit: "FLASH! Aaaaaahhh!" that movie is hysterical. Yep, it was good to see U2 after the 1980 episode! :yes:

I saw the last 5 minutes of the 1980 show and all of the 1981 show. I certainly wasn't expecting to see the I Will Follow video after the 1980 show! :cool:

Catman said:
HEY! Did everyone see the ending credits of "I Love...'81?" Heheh, it had U2 playing "I Will Follow." That was a nice surprise :)

Yeah, it was! :D. They also played a bit of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" when they were talking about...oh, what movie was it...it was that one where the girl goes into the army.

I'm definitely watching this. Can't wait until we get to '84 on out...I wonder what all they'll talk about then, it'll be neat to see if there's anything else I'd forgotten about until now.

Got a kick out of everyone singing along to "Endless Love" like that. Hehe.

I do remember watching the Smurfs when I was little. Wow. I don't remember having the little dolls, though.

I also have seen that "Mommie Dearest" movie.

Yeah...uh...Joan Crawford...:coocoo:...

That was a rather disturbing movie.

This'll be fun. It'll be neat going back to my childhood again. :).

The "I Love The 70s" ones were okay. But I am rather thankful I missed out on that decade in some respects. :p.

Angela

Knowing VH1, they'll show it 5 times a day for the next 6 months, so dont worry too much if you miss it.

I thought this aired two weekends ago?

I had VH-1 on, and they were doing the 80's and they had a whole bunch of non-celebrity celebrities waxing about the 80's.

:down:

VH-1 is almost as good as the blue crack, imo ;)

I :heart: the 70s, 80s, AND 80s strikes back! There's just so much good stuff!

I cracked up everytime they did the "bionic man" sound! And all day today I've been doing the sound in my head ;)

Was Joan Crawford REALLY like that, or did they exaggerate a bit for entertainment purposes? If they didn't, then WOW. What a psychopath!

Anyhoo, I love this show. The 80's were a strange, yet amusing decade...plus it has Gilbert Gottfried on the show which is always a plus :p

They talked about the "Chipmunk Punk" album during the 1980 episode! :lol: True story - one of my older brothers bought that album when it came out! Or maybe he just borrowed it from a friend, I can't remember. I recall listening to it and thinking it was the funniest thing ever (I was only 11 or 12 at the time). I can't exactly remember what songs were on it, but I seriously doubt any of them were truly "punk" songs. I believe one of them was "Call Me" by Blondie. :huh:

I get a kick out of those "What the Fuck?" moments (so Yale actually gave a 14 week class in mastering the Rubix cube???? O-kay...).

Haha, I loved it-tonight they talked about "Fraggle Rock" and those McNuggets! I watched "Fraggle Rock" all the time when I was little, holy crud! I remember the Trash Heap, and them eating those glass whatever thingys. Wow. Had the Fraggle cars.

And the McNuggets...I actually had the McNugget toys when I was little, too. Man, I forgot all about those until now.

I'm enjoying that guy from "Grounded For Life", too-his commentary is...interesting. :p.

Question...what the hell was with those pills singing about how they weren't candy? :huh:. That was messed up.

Angela

Fraggle Rock is the best show ever. They should put some of those out on DVD.

Back
Top Bottom