i love tears for fears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
...but i am always reminded of bono when i look at the cover photograph of their 1993 album elemental.

B000001DYY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

also, i think their last album is REALLY good.

Everybody Loves a Happy Ending has some nice songs on it. It's very Beatle-ie. :up:

I love Tears For Fears, I think Songs From The Big Chair is one of the most underrated albums of the 80's. The hits are great but songs like The Working Hour, Broken and Listen really make this album special. It seems to have that spacious feel that you get from The Joshua Tree.
On a side note, I absolutely love The Closest Thing To Heaven video. :wink:

I have Shout, their greatest hits compilation. Almost every song is filled with 80s & 90s deliciousness from beginning to end. :drool:

Screwtape2 said:
I love Tears For Fears, I think Songs From The Big Chair is one of the most underrated albums of the 80's. The hits are great but songs like The Working Hour, Broken and Listen really make this album special. It seems to have that spacious feel that you get from The Joshua Tree.
:up:

love the hurting too :up:

Tears For Fears are awesome! I've seen them twice, once on the Seeds of Love tour and at KROQ Inland Invasion for Everybody Loves A Happy Ending.

"The Seeds of Love' is one of my favorite POP albums. Every song is just a pure pop jem. "Badman's Song" had a great, fluid jazzy feel and "Year of the Knife" is pure genius. "Standing on the Corner of the Third World", "Woman In Chains" . .. god, what a GREAT album.

The last one was pretty good too, and of course "The Hurting" and "Songs From The Big Chair" are just ABSOLUTE 80's classics and great, great albums in their own right!!

"Seeds of Love" was supposed to be their John Lennon/Beatles album, and Everybody Loves A Happy Ending was supposed to be their Paul McCartney/Beatles album. Of course, my tastes aligning how they always have, I prefer "Seeds of Love"!!!!

I don't have much to ad - but 'Break It Down Again' and 'Elemental' rock. Also 'Sowing The Seeds Of Love' - wowser - what an epic!

Back
Top Bottom