I Know Who Killed Me - Possibly the most brilliant f you to the critics ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
Not sure if there is a better place for a movie discussion, but this is so intriguing to me, I watch movies and fall asleep and could care less about them really, and the plots that other people get and think are great I scoff at becuase of how easily people let director's manipulate them, in other words I'm very skeptical about movies...sooo suspend laughter for a minute and hear me out.

So. Lindsay Lohan. Yeah, ok. All her personal issues aside, I completely missed the theatrical release of I Know Who Killed Me, after all it was summertime and even if I did see a commercial I would've likely said 'meh, wait till it comes on satellite' (which, on my scale, is the second lowest rating, the only thing worse is 'wait till it comes on cable' lol)

So there's nothing else on, I start watching this movie.

The whole time, I'm saying aloud things like "Holy SHit!" "Brutal" "Stupid" "Horrible Acting" "This can't be for real" - basically, I was ready to conclude that this movie could quite possibly be the single most stupidest movie I've ever seen.

And based on the plot of the movie that it seems like better than 90% of the world latched onto including the critics who without exception all got it wrong, it would be the stupidest movie of all time, with incomprehensible twists, completely implausible story line, horrifically poor acting on the part of normally decent actors, stupidly exessive gore (picture the worst b movie horror times 100 for the stupidity of the gore) I mean you name it, just about every scene from about the first 10 minutes on is just beyond belief. In fact, I couldn't help but wondering how they got those actors to sign onto such a stupid plot.....

...and then the movie ended. And I sat there for a few seconds wanting to demand the last hour or so of my life back....then suddenly something washed over my stunned mind, and I realized what the REAL plot of the movie is, and believe me, it explains EVERYTHING. The shitty acting, the ridiculous story line, the overuse of color washing, everything. The answer to why would those actors involve themselves in such utter crap is simple: they wouldn't, and they didn't, they were given the real plot and that's why they did it, and they played their roles well in that context.

SO I went online and sure enough, everyone else was duped too. Save one or two other people who truly got it, everyone panned it based on the widely accepted interpretation of the plot.

However, when viewed in the context of what I firmly believe is the plot, I think this could be one of the most brilliant cheap horror movies in a very long time, and a really smart way by a director to say fuck you to the critics who likely couldn't see past Lohan being the star to the real deal going on in the movie.

Ok....so who has seen it....and don't go looking up the spoiler plot I'm talking about, it's hard to find anyways, but I'd like to know if you got it first on your own before I give it away....

ANd I know, this whole thing is easily dismissable as well it's just a dumb Lohan movie anyways and your right, it is just a dumb Lohan movie. But the bigger intrigue for me and what I find so fascinating is just how this director pulled this dupe off, esp with seasoned movie critics...does that mean it was so subtle that the movie still sucked anyways, or have moviegoers become so one-dimensional in their perceptive abilities that they only recognize something that is spoon fed to them? interesting...

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:
Not sure if there is a better place for a movie discussion, but this is so intriguing to me, I watch movies and fall asleep and could care less about them really, and the plots that other people get and think are great I scoff at becuase of how easily people let director's manipulate them, in other words I'm very skeptical about movies...sooo suspend laughter for a minute and hear me out.

So. Lindsay Lohan. Yeah, ok. All her personal issues aside, I completely missed the theatrical release of I Know Who Killed Me, after all it was summertime and even if I did see a commercial I would've likely said 'meh, wait till it comes on satellite' (which, on my scale, is the second lowest rating, the only thing worse is 'wait till it comes on cable' lol)

So there's nothing else on, I start watching this movie.

The whole time, I'm saying aloud things like "Holy SHit!" "Brutal" "Stupid" "Horrible Acting" "This can't be for real" - basically, I was ready to conclude that this movie could quite possibly be the single most stupidest movie I've ever seen.

And based on the plot of the movie that it seems like better than 90% of the world latched onto including the critics who without exception all got it wrong, it would be the stupidest movie of all time, with incomprehensible twists, completely implausible story line, horrifically poor acting on the part of normally decent actors, stupidly exessive gore (picture the worst b movie horror times 100 for the stupidity of the gore) I mean you name it, just about every scene from about the first 10 minutes on is just beyond belief. In fact, I couldn't help but wondering how they got those actors to sign onto such a stupid plot.....

...and then the movie ended. And I sat there for a few seconds wanting to demand the last hour or so of my life back....then suddenly something washed over my stunned mind, and I realized what the REAL plot of the movie is, and believe me, it explains EVERYTHING. The shitty acting, the ridiculous story line, the overuse of color washing, everything. The answer to why would those actors involve themselves in such utter crap is simple: they wouldn't, and they didn't, they were given the real plot and that's why they did it, and they played their roles well in that context.

SO I went online and sure enough, everyone else was duped too. Save one or two other people who truly got it, everyone panned it based on the widely accepted interpretation of the plot.

However, when viewed in the context of what I firmly believe is the plot, I think this could be one of the most brilliant cheap horror movies in a very long time, and a really smart way by a director to say fuck you to the critics who likely couldn't see past Lohan being the star to the real deal going on in the movie.

Ok....so who has seen it....and don't go looking up the spoiler plot I'm talking about, it's hard to find anyways, but I'd like to know if you got it first on your own before I give it away....

ANd I know, this whole thing is easily dismissable as well it's just a dumb Lohan movie anyways and your right, it is just a dumb Lohan movie. But the bigger intrigue for me and what I find so fascinating is just how this director pulled this dupe off, esp with seasoned movie critics...does that mean it was so subtle that the movie still sucked anyways, or have moviegoers become so one-dimensional in their perceptive abilities that they only recognize something that is spoon fed to them? interesting...

You've got me so intrigued that I'm kind of actually thinking about breaking my ban on Lindsay Lohan movies that came out after "Mean Girls".:hmm: From the trailer this movie looked like shit on a stick. This secret plot thing though has me curious. You will let us in on the secret eventually, won't you?:flirt:

I will, but I warn you, there are stupid parts of the movie, and some of those parts are probably not intentional or necessarily explained by the real plot, I mean every movie has them, and stuff like blatant ad placements, and I'm not saying that every single blooper can be intrepeted as part of that 'brilliant con', so it's hard to say what is what....but then again.....that's the point...

I can say though that while it seems logical that critics would understand these things better than the average person, there is always an exception to every rule, and the people who have been responding to the real plot theory have been quick to attack it as far fetched, you had to be high to imagine that up, etc etc, but really, it's so simple that there isn't alot of explanation or convoluted thinking necessary to see it if I just say one thing......

:wink:

I've been meaning to watch this on DVD strictly for the sheer deliciousness of how awful it sounds (and I admit to a soft spot for La Lohan).

Now maybe I'll have to watch it with a little more attention!

It comes out soon on DVD, doesn't it?

Re: Re: I Know Who Killed Me - Possibly the most brilliant f you to the critics ever?

Diemen said:

Fixed that for you. :wink:

hehe yeah that's true too...but this had a pretty small budget, so I doubt they got much....I mean definitely not like a Huge Pay actor's movie where it's just so atrociously awful but you know that he still took home his cheque... :wink:

LiLo's been good to great in everything I've seen her in, so I certainly wouldn't avoid it because of her.

It just looked like a shitty film. Interesting plot, but not done well.

I'll have to check it out.

Secret plot? Do I have to play her album "Speak" on repeat while watching the film? Do the lyrics match up with the onscreen action?

g54612bre2per7.jpg

LOL

To be sure, it's not a super great movie, not oscar material. But I do have to admit that I agree with you Lazarus...she hasn't been as horrible as she is portrayed to be in this one in any of her other films (for what they are, I mean) so that was another reason I ended up with the conclusion I did..

I think i'm really more intrigued that even though very early in the movie the entire thing is given away, people actually allowed themselves to be manipulated away from what was so obvious.

I suppose that when it comes out on DVD I could be proven to be completely wrong if the studio releases any tidbits in the extra material that stick to the incomprehensibly stupid storyline that everyone judged the movie on...yep then I will sound really stupid here... :lmao:

Canadiens1160 said:
Secret plot? Do I have to play her album "Speak" on repeat while watching the film? Do the lyrics match up with the onscreen action?

g54612bre2per7.jpg

:tsk:

That album isn't nearly as good as her second CD.

FATHER TO DAUGHTER!
FATHER TO DAUGHTER!

I don't know you
But I love you

FATHER TO DAUGHTER!
FATHER TO DAUGHTER!

Tell me the truth
Did you ever love me

'cuz THESE AAAAAAAAAAAARE
These are
THE CONFESSIOOOOOONS
OF A BROKEN HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!