I knew Cubs fans were stupid but... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2003, 11:30 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:42 AM
id say right now he should take the offer

he seriously cant live in chicago anymore

Old 10-15-2003, 11:33 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
yes he is a dead man. sorry dude.

Old 10-16-2003, 07:40 AM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Meh.

I think Cubs fans are used to losing....and expect things to go wrong. You know...the curse or something.

I spoke with my friend that works for his company. She said that the company called him and told him to take a few days of so they could assure his safety at work, and he can assure his safety away from work. Thankfully, he works for a very nuturing company.

The Cubs had many opportunities to right the situation after this. Oh well.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:58 AM   #49
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:42 PM
I guess its easier for some fans to lay blame on this one guy than deal with the Cubs getting so close. Very frustrating for them, surely.
Still no reason to call for blood for God's sake. They played a great season. There's no taking that off them.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:47 AM   #50
War Child

Local Time: 09:42 AM
crys

That dweeb is a marked man. He's the new goat like the billygoat in 1908. I can't believe someone would let their selfishness cost their team a championship. But he will go down in history, not in a good way, but he's famous now.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:28 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Leeloo
That dweeb is a marked man. He's the new goat like the billygoat in 1908. I can't believe someone would let their selfishness cost their team a championship. But he will go down in history, not in a good way, but he's famous now.

Do you really believe that he is responsible for bad managing, bad pitches, and errors? The cubs lost this for themselves. Kerry Wood took the blame last night saying that he choked. Thats a big man. Don't be an ass-clown and blame some random fan. Put the blame squarely on the team where it belongs.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:00 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

It is sad that the acutally ball play on the field won't be remembered from game six. It will be the poor kid going for the souvenir.

Viva Bill Buckner.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:10 PM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

just like bill buckner wasn't the true goat of game 6 of the '86 series... he likely wouldn't have beaten mookie wilson to the bag if he HAD fielded that groundball, stanley never broke to cover 1st base (stanley also threw a wild pitch that tied the game just before the buckner play)... this Joe Butterfingers out in leftfield of Wrigley will forever be blamed for this entire deal, when the real boob of the situation was Alex Gonzalez, who led the NL in fielding percentage, booting an easy double-play ball that would have gotten them out of the 8th inning with a 3-1 lead. dems the breaks
Old 10-16-2003, 12:14 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Stanley's wild pitch was clearly a passed ball on Gedman that was scored wrong.
The goat if you must for game 6 is easy...Calvin "deer in the headlights" Schiraldi.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:18 PM   #55
Blue Crack Distributor

the goat in game 6 was john mcnamara
Old 10-16-2003, 03:43 PM   #56
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:42 AM
This is bullshit!!! 90% of all people would have done the same thing. If you watch the re-play you will notice that all the people around him reach for the ball, he was just the one closest to it. It just a very quick lack of judgement, a play like that happens in a split second. The error following this, by the Cubs, had so much more to do with the loss. The guy is a 26 year old who coach's little league and loves the Cubs. It WAS NOT HIS FAULT the Cubs lost and if you think so your a fuckin' retard!!! Jesus Christ the media is killing this guy. Its a fucking game. I played for the University Of Michigan baseball tream, my brother played pro, its a fucking game get over it. I love how the people of the U.S. can REALLY look at whats important and wrong with the world.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

I was watching that game, and all I can say is, everything immediately changed after that play. Maybe they all got a negative attitude, or thought about the curse, all I know is they were winning and completely collapsed after that play. I would say, no Steve Bartman, and the Cubs would have clinched that night. Soon enough somebody will make a Bart Man comic of him, looking like Bart Simpson.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:00 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
what have the media been saying about him? i am curious, i have not been keeping up on the press about that poor guy.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:18 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

they are saying that he is a good guy. He coaches youth baseball, active in the community.

Blaming the collapse on this fan is about the most ignorant thing you can do! No runs were directly scored because of this fan.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:22 PM   #60
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:42 AM
He has been on the cover of every news paper, they have basically been blaming the loss on him, he has alraedy recieved over 100 death threats, one good this is he's not a soccer fan in Argentina or they would have shot him by now.

They are a professional baseball team. They are the most mentaly tough athletes on the planet. If they really felt that that play "changed" everything and that it was all because of him and they need a scape goat to blame the losses on, they need to get thier heads checked.

Florida just out played them in the long run. The Cubs wind stopped blowing while Florida's stayed in thier sails. They were solid on defense, they had much better pitching and thier all around game was more solid as the series went on. They have two of the best young talents I've seen in a long time plus the best catcher... ever in my opinion.