I just met Michael Caine!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I was at dinner at this beautiful Italian restaraunt on the water and the waiter came by and told my dad Michael Caine was sitting over a few tables from us. Hes one of my inspirations as a film student so as I was leaving I walked by, told him i was a film student and i loved his work. He said thank you, shook my hand, wished me a happy birthday (the waiters had given me a cake earlier) and I walked off. Hes so nice and down to earth!!!

Yeah, he's in town! My friend just met him on Tuesday in his store at Merrick Park.

Can I be next please? :lol:

That must be so exciting! He's done some great stuff recently with Christopher Nolan, too. I, in no way, know much about him or his work, but I quite enjoy him.

That took a lot of guts. I'd be so afraid of meeting my heroes and talking too much and then annoying them! I've seen a couple of Kids in the Hall (hardly heroes, but I've enjoyed their work) and A.O. Scott of the New York Times. In each instance, when I walked by, I was too nervous to say anything. I think I glanced really quickly in shock at seeing A.O., and he looked back, and I just kept walking, so he must have thought I just had some kind of spasm and didn't recognize him.

Anyway, good for you!

All I could think of while reading that was "what an unprofessional waiter!"

Good for you, though. It's nice to hear he was gracious in public.

My favorite performance of his is in The Quiet American.

lazarus said:
All I could think of while reading that was "what an unprofessional waiter!"

I agree.

As for meeting him - well good for you.

If it were me I would have said: "oh man, I LOVED you in "JAWS - The Revenge"

lol....no doubt that would have gotten his attention.....

Back
Top Bottom