i just listened to 'in the light' for the first time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm guessing this isn't the Zeppelin song.

I might have had an orgasm during this song.....

That said, it was probabaly a solo adventure.

Have you been living under a rock all these years? :wink:

Amazing song.

discothequeLP said:
i literally just had a 9 minute orgasm.

Inner El Guapo said:

I might have had an orgasm during this song.....

We don't need to read stuff like that, guys. Come on, I think you can find better ways to describe how great something is.

If we are talking about Zep I concur. If I could only have one of their albums, it may be Disc 2 of Physical Graffiti. Down By the Seaside, Ten Years Gone, Night Flight, etc.

Bonochick said:
We don't need to read stuff like that, guys. Come on, I think you can find better ways to describe how great something is.

We've all been corrupted now! What will we do??? :scream:

One of Physical Graffiti's most obvious highlights. It builds up really well, and I love how it transitions into Bron-Yr-Aur.

lazarus said:
If we are talking about Zep I concur. If I could only have one of their albums, it may be Disc 2 of Physical Graffiti. Down By the Seaside, Ten Years Gone, Night Flight, etc.

Yes, there are certainly some under-appreciated gems on disc 2. To the ones you listed might be added the raucous "Wanton Song" and shimmering "Bron-Yr-Aur." And "Ten Years Gone" is among their very best efforts.

Physical Graffiti really is amazing! Don't forget.. Disc 1 has In My Time Of Dying, which could very well be my #1 favorite Zep song! But it also has Kashmir which is kinda meh, for me at least.

In The Light is so beautiful! :love: I feel like listening to it now.

I respect Kashmir more than I enjoy it. It's definitely over the top and could easily be used as ammo by critics of the band. The first disc does have a couple great tracks, like IMTOD, as Zoots mentioned, and of course Houses of the Holy, but it doesn't really match its companion. I find Trampled Under Foot a little annoying, to be honest--they undearthed THIS for the reunion concert?! That synth organ or whatever instrument it is makes me think ahead to In Through The Out Door and cringe.

Actually come to think of it HOTH is probably the album I would take with me if I could choose only one, overplayed as some of the songs may be. But it would be tough!

I haven't listened to this in so long that I almost don't even recognize it. Nice songy.

Back
Top Bottom