I just heard a new band...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
And I kind of like them. But, I've never really heard of them until a little bit ago.

The band is The Postal Service. I don't really know anything about them, but I like their music. Anyone else? Just wondering. Have they been around a while? That's all really. Thanks.
phil

So, I'll reply to my own thread. So, I've been looking around or "researching" if you will. I guess Death Cab For Cutie is the same singer or something? Man, I love this stuff. I have something new to listen to! This is sweet!
Thanks for your time again, :wink:
phil

I like it

a tad trite at times, but still some great tracks
you'd probably like the Stars new album as well

it has some ben gibbardy moments

I don't like The Postal Service all that much. I don't know, I could just never get into them.

I think that is an understandable position.

the combination of ben's all-too-indie-pop voice with those pseudo-intellecual bohemian lyrics can be grating. But the songs are often very catchy...and surprisingly thoughtful.

"And i know that it's not a party if it happens every night
Pretending there's glamour and candelabra
When you're drinking by candlelight"

i like "the district sleeps alone tonight". pax put it on the ICDE mix she made last time around, and i thought it was an awesome song. so i went and bought the album it's on, and i was really dissappointed. it's the only track i like, the rest was too run of the mill electronic-y psuedo-indie rock, the kind that hipster college kids on my campus love way too much.

Basstrap said:
you'd probably like the Stars new album as well
stars :drool:

the postal service :up:

using 'ben gibbardy' as an adjective: :up: :up:

Aren't these the idiots who did that horrible Such Great Heights song?

Back
Top Bottom