i just got my ass kicked by the tax lady

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gickies Gageeze

Purgatory
holy shit.

this really sucks. its a good thing i got my taxes filed early, cause im going to need most of the time between now and april 30 to come up with $1600.

if ONLY i had known that i could have kept ALL my lunch receipts i would have been in far better shape. ah the joys of contract work, and being an independant.

any of you get your taxes done yet?

well maybe you should, to give yourself more time.

now i cant pay off my final bit of my last loan until may or june. which leaves me the rest of june and july and maybe a bit of august to actually save money. :angry:

My dad did my taxes for me. I only worked part time last year, so I didn't earn much...which means I only get a little back. But that is a lot better than paying in, so I'm not bitching!

Bear. That sucks, but if you are contract work, they don't autmatically take money off your cheques for taxes. YOU should be putting some aside every pay. Your lucky your tax bill is only $1600.

I'll :hug: you anyway though.

im luckys only 1600 cause i didnt work at that job the entire time last year.

ill survive, its just i was expecting to only pay about 800 or so cause i have a lot of deductions.

I don't know how the laws are in Canada, but, at least in the U.S., there is a "Federal Tax Deposit" form, where you can withhold your own taxes for all four fiscal quarters. Unless you want to have another mess like this, I would look into it.

Melon

Done and done. I got about $1300 back. Although I did them too early because right after I filed I got one last 1099 for a measly $200 check I got from an old pension fund :angry:

They're probly going to audit me now :|

canadians file at the same time and stuff too?

my mom is dropping off our taxes today. she's procrastinating this year. i don't know why. i want my money. :mad:

my husband and i will be getting refunds for sure. it'll go for our vacation fund.

melon, ive got refunds the past two years since ive been working.
last year it was different, but again next year i should actually get a refund.
im only working until august in canada, and then after that things will change.

ill be able to come up with the money, its just that i was disappointed that i payed about twice as much as i was expecting to. if ONLY i had kept those stupid lunch receipts. i eat out nearly every day. :|

ya, that would ammount to a few hundred dollars for sure.

My taxes are going to be complicted this year so I am going to have to get them done by a pro for the first time ever. Which sucks but at least it will be done corretly.

i wouldnt dare do it myself. besides, it only cost me 35 bucks for someone to do it right, and if they get it wrong, its not my fault.

yes theyre working lunches. because im a freelance writer, its an easy expense. i could even have office expenses, but i dont really have any.

My momma did them... couple days ago, since I needed the info for my FAFSA and she's got the TurboTax software. She loves that thing.
Anyway, I only paid $38.18 in tax... I only made $1000 and I don't pay federal taxes. :)

ghetofabu said:
My taxes are going to be complicted this year so I am going to have to get them done by a pro for the first time ever. Which sucks but at least it will be done corretly.

I paid $70.00 last year. I hope this lady didn't raise it this year! :rant:

Back
Top Bottom