I just got carded for buying LIGHTERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They just started, when they started carding for cigs. That's only been going on a few years. It used to be even little kids could buy cigs. I knew 10 year olds who bought them and openly smoked them at my 7-11 when I was a kid.

I'll probably never be carded again.
I just get, "here you go, ma'am"
:sad: :sad: :sad:
:angry:

Oh I just left a word out of my title that's all.

Yeah I cant believe they card for lighters now.. its nuts :huh:

I was like um.. I'm 32!!! :crack:

*points and laughs :lol:

I never got carded when I was in my 20's but for some strange reason, I started getting carded again a few years ago. The last time, it was at Outback and the girl actually sat down in our booth and kept asking my son if I was really his mom :der:

I think the people who card me end up more embarrased than I do when they see I'm actually 38 years old.

Last edited:
I always get carded, and I see it as a compliment, although it will probably sting someday when they stop doing it. :|

The reason they card for lighters is because kids break them open and use the butane as an inhalant. Places are starting to card for gasoline, lighter fluid, paint thinner, etc. now for the same reason.

"Huffing" is an excellent way to permanantly damage your brain.

Sicy said:
Oh I just left a word out of my title that's all.

Yeah I cant believe they card for lighters now.. its nuts :huh:

I was like um.. I'm 32!!! :crack:

crikey - i wish when i'm 32 one day people will misatke me for 16. it's more likely to be the other way round at this point - people have always thought i'm about 5 years older than i am... was fun when i was 16 "ooh, i look 21, yay". not so fun anymore now that i'm trying to grasp onto my youth.
and no, i'm not that old at all actually, its just that i have a birthday coming up in a few weeks and therefore i'm very aware of the years ticking by at the moment!

ILuvLarryMullen said:
i got carded to see an R rated movie when i was 21 :angry:, the person was also younger than me. I don't look 16 damnit :mad:

i got carded when i went to see fahrenheit 9/11 last summer (i was 20). i don't look 16, either.

they card for matches!

tiny dancer said:

I absolutely hate to be called ma'am! :madspit:

Oh yeah, me too! Always surprises me to realize they are talking to me. :ohmy:

But the worst thing was when I went to a club where "they card everyone" and they were...but when it came to me, the guy just waved me on in. Waaaahhhh :( :grumpy: :sigh:

i've been carded twice, ever. i didn't get carded when i went to see an nc-17 movie (never was carded for an r rated movie). i bought some booze tonight and didn't get carded there either. i guess because i had my dad with me they didn't think my dad would let me buy booze underage. i guess we look trustworthy :shrug: it makes me mad though because i could've just gone in last year and bought my damn schnapps :mad:

IWasBored said:

i got carded when i went to see fahrenheit 9/11 last summer (i was 20). i don't look 16, either.

they card for matches!

You had to be 16 to get into farenhiet 9/11?? What the? It was rated M here, you only had to be 15. That's a bit up-tight don't you think? Or am I missing something about that doco?

Rinn said:

You had to be 16 to get into farenhiet 9/11?? What the? It was rated M here, you only had to be 15. That's a bit up-tight don't you think? Or am I missing something about that doco?

actually you have to be 17. rated R is 17 without a parent. second time i saw it, i didn't get carded. and that was only 2 weeks later.

Back
Top Bottom