I hope nobody from here lives in New Orleans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fact of the matter is that the media was saturated with 9/11 stuff for days, even weeks afterwards, and it angered me because there is much more tragedy in the world that goes on without the spotlight New York got. Forgive me for feeling like it was beeing shoved in my face.:rolleyes:

Ironically with that considered, the hurricane has recieved very poor attention from the US government. Ironic, considering the large amount of poor black people who need the aid. Guess George Dubya doesn't see them as a major priority?

Palace_Hero said:
Ironically with that considered, the hurricane has recieved very poor attention from the US government. Ironic, considering the large amount of poor black people who need the aid. Guess George Dubya doesn't see them as a major priority?

the federal responce has been pathetic:|

i dont know why so many people are blaming Bush on failing to react soon enough. he declared New Orleans a disaster area even before the hurricane hit! it's nearly unprecedented to declare an area a disaster area before the disaster happens. he did this so that aid would be ready right away. but the agencies, FEMA especially, have completely fucked it up. so while Bush may be an idiot, I cant put too much blame on him this time.

Back
Top Bottom