I Honestly Think Vancouver Has A Shot At The Stanley Cup - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2002, 12:54 AM   #31
Kid A

Local Time: 07:02 PM
well, you may want to start that Yzerman appreciation thread

Old 04-22-2002, 01:12 AM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:02 PM
ummm, no.

forget that, im not giving detroit anything until the canucks get out.

what i really hate though, is how cloutier is getting all this negative attention. thats HORRIBLE for confidence.

i was his biggest critic but he won me over. one frickin goal means nothing to me or to that team. its the media whos gonna have a hey-day over it, and i hope they pay no attention, cause if they do it could really hurt.

oh well, the canucks played with them, for once they got bad breaks whatever.

once naslund and morisson can click with bert and linden everythings gonna be fine. our goalie is the man.

btw, did any of you see the hockey night in canada telecast of it? was that powerful at the beginning or what? a looped intro of where the streets... being played over and over again as the players came out... wow, thats intense.

cant wait for tuesday.

------------------
-deathbear

Old 04-22-2002, 09:01 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Well, the Wings won the most important game of the series -- game 3. If the Canucks had won, they would have been up 3-0. I thought the Canucks saved their best for the 3rd period, and that's what cost them the game. Dan Cloutier stood on his head for most of the game, and I agree: I do hope that he doesn't listen to all the bullshit press regarding that goal (though it was really bad timing, with 20 seconds left in the 2nd period!). I couldn't believe the headline on the back of the Province today: "Dan Cloutier: Long Time, No See" Yeah, not very nice at all. But I think there's a reason why Dan was such a high draft pick and did so well in junior: He's got a killer instinct, and the drive to overcome his challenges. This is just merely another challenge that I believe he'll overcome. It's all a matter of how he and the Canucks respond to it.

They lead Detroit 2 games to 1. Naslund said, after the loss, "I like our position." And he should. They could end this series in 5 games, technically speaking. I do believe now, however, it will be a 7 game series.

The Wings really showed their prowess last night, and why they completely dominated the year. Apparently their was a high profile sports magazine article last week that proclaimed the Wings as the "Greatest Team Ever". Well, if that's the case, then The Canucks must be even better than the greatest team ever, as they are the ones who are leading the series. But it's not over yet, not by a long shot (parden the pun ).

By the way, Zoomer, I originally thought the 'Streets' intro was the entire song minus the vocal track (I kept wondering to myself how they did that), but now that you mentin that it's a repitition of the intro to the song, only, I think you might be right. I went to a Canucks game last month, and they used the 'Streets' intro then as well. They've been using it all year long. Some things are just meant to be, I guess.

------------------
The Tempest
Old 04-23-2002, 12:01 AM   #34
Kid A

saying the Wings are the greatest team ever has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, they aren't even the best Detroit team of all time

Gretz and Mess (not to mention Kurri, Coffey, Fuhr, Anderson, Tikannen, MacTavish, Lowe and everyone else from the 80s Oilers) must have had a good laugh over that one, what a joke...
Old 04-23-2002, 12:15 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:02 PM
ummm, yeah the wings as the greatest team ever. well they may be the best regular season team in recent memory, tho i would dispute even that. they might challenge all the great teams for most hall-of-famers at one time but to say they are the greatest pays a great disrespect to many teams from years past. and the fact that they may not get of the first round does not a best team ever make.

i think if the canucks can't take the next one it's gonna be detroit in either 6 or 7.
Old 04-23-2002, 10:37 PM   #36
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Game on!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:07 PM   #37
Kid A

fucking disaster right here man...
Old 04-24-2002, 12:16 AM   #38
Elvis' Naughty Angel

eh? Where's the disaster now?

*I am soooo going to get evicted..... Can't stop screaming!
Old 04-24-2002, 12:47 AM   #39
Kid A

ooops...
Old 04-24-2002, 01:17 AM   #40
Elvis' Naughty Angel

oops again. Bloody open net goal. There's your disaster. *Sigh
Old 04-24-2002, 09:13 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Well, the series is only tied 2-2, but the way the media is talking you'd think the Canucks have just lost the Stanley Cup. Now it's a best of 3, and I still think the Canucks can do it. Ironically, last night I think Vancouver played their best game of the series. All three Detroit goals (not including the empty net goal) were the results of extremely lucky bounces and deflections off Canuck players (maybe it's karma, as Vancouver had the same bounces the first 2 games). Vancouver has a lot to take from this last game. I do hope, however, that Naslund gets a little more involved tomorrow night. He needs to get his hands a little dirty, I think, as right now he's not playing like the guy who finished 2nd in scoring. Maybe he should take a few notes off Yzerman, who is playing like a god. Another two points last night for my favourite (active) player. Talk about a warrior.

Ps. Hi Angel!

------------------
The Tempest
Old 04-25-2002, 09:16 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Random thoughts about Detroit/Vancouver:

Yzerman is a stud.

I'm impressed that Detroit won the last two games after going down 0-2. I might be wrong, but I can't remember Detroit winning a playoff series in the last few years after losing the *first* game.

Detroit Pistons fans booed the Canadian national anthem during game 1 against the Toronto Raptors. I guess they were a little sore about being down against the Canucks. (This was, of course, shortly after the accident in Afghanistan. Oops.)

The most talented Detroit team in recent memory was probably the 1995-1996 team (62 wins in the regular season, if I remember correctly, but a bad loss to Colorado in the conference finals). The best Detroit team in recent memory would be the 1996-1997 team (beat Colorado and absolutely embarrassed Philly in the Finals).

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 04-25-2002).]
Old 04-25-2002, 09:35 AM   #43
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Hey Michael!

Well my thoughts--> its sooooooo not over yet. Today's game obviously is going to tell alot, but still, I feel it's anyone's series. I have faith in the Canuck's but they just really need to tighten up their passing. I am sorry but after that immediate goal by Detroit in the third period it was like Vancouver gave up. They had some amazing scoring opportunities but simply couldn't come through. It was sloppy and fairly embarrassing to watch. Today is going to be so intense, I don't know if my heart can take it!

Btw--> I don't think I have ever watched a more rough series. These two teams *really* seem to hate eachother. lol Makes it quite entertaining to watch.

*On a chick note, Burtuzzi looks so much like my exboyfriend it frightens me....
Old 04-25-2002, 05:35 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie

First to Speedracer:

I find it extremely ridiculous and stupid that those fans from Detroit would boo the Canadian national anthem given the fact that their very own Red Wing team is composed mostly of Canadians, which includes their best player, Steve Yzerman. (BTW, just to clarify, I don't think all Americans are "ridiculous and stupid". Some, not all. )

And to Angel:

That's hilarious! So I must ask you: did your ex play for the Canucks, without ever telling you? Hmmm...

------------------
The Tempest

[This message has been edited by Michael Griffiths (edited 04-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Michael Griffiths (edited 04-25-2002).]
Old 04-25-2002, 07:53 PM   #45
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Detroit 4, Vancouver 0 after the first period.

And to think I looked forward to this all day.