I hear a voice, it's whispering. In science and in medicine and in Randoooooooom - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #31
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
wondering about how arw's interview went this evening
I start tomorrow and I got paid for the hour I was there tonight

She asked me the usual crappy interview questions which just make me want to because they're so stupid...then she just cut me off during one answer and said "I'm just going to cut to the BS, can you start tomorrow night?" She hired me at .60 cents an hour more than starting pay since I have a college degree. Good to know that's worth an extra .60 cents an hour. I'm now making $1.60 an hour more than I had expected so it's all good. I really only wanted one night and a Saturday but she's scheduled me all through Oct at 2 nights and a Saturday. It's ok. I'll be fine and I'll love my checks each week. They are desperate for people, which kind of worries me. But then again she did give me my schedule 1 month in advance and I also told her what weekends I cannot work between now and the end of the year.

Now I need to go to my parents house to do laundry since I planned on doing that tomorrow. I should go to bed since I have a cold.
__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 08:42 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Congrats!
The desperate for people thing is a little un-nerving, I agree, but it could be nothing.......they just really want good people for the holday season
A schedule a month in advance is nice too.
Take Care of the cold.......
__________________

__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #33
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Congrats! And take care of yourself.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 09:03 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797


I start tomorrow and I got paid for the hour I was there tonight

She asked me the usual crappy interview questions which just make me want to because they're so stupid...then she just cut me off during one answer and said "I'm just going to cut to the BS, can you start tomorrow night?" She hired me at .60 cents an hour more than starting pay since I have a college degree. Good to know that's worth an extra .60 cents an hour. I'm now making $1.60 an hour more than I had expected so it's all good. I really only wanted one night and a Saturday but she's scheduled me all through Oct at 2 nights and a Saturday. It's ok. I'll be fine and I'll love my checks each week. They are desperate for people, which kind of worries me. But then again she did give me my schedule 1 month in advance and I also told her what weekends I cannot work between now and the end of the year.

Now I need to go to my parents house to do laundry since I planned on doing that tomorrow. I should go to bed since I have a cold.
Congrats! I had a good feeling about it for you!
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 08:39 AM
I am still exhausted from going back to my early morning shift and the whirlwind weekend. I need to catch up on some sleep and I felt kind of crappy today.

All of the newbies are driving me crazy and apparently our teams headcount is going to get even bigger that we may even get another lead which will make us the first team to ever have 4 leads.
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 09:10 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Stories for Boys
since this is the only place i can find you guys...kaaaaaaren! want to share? if possible, could you let me know how i can get pictures from minneapolis?

I just sent ya an email! I didnt forget ya!
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 08:39 AM


Sorry about the cold ARW...hopefully I did not give it to you.

Wow...you got a cold AND A JOB in one day. Tis a push!
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 09:53 PM   #38
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener


Sorry about the cold ARW...hopefully I did not give it to you.

Wow...you got a cold AND A JOB in one day. Tis a push!

I told my mom that Bono and Edge gave me the cold


and thanks everyone!


My dishwasher just broker I have to turn in my move out letter tomorrow and report a broken dishwasher. They'll probably wait to fix my dishwasher until after I move and then charge me for it They seriously cannot come into my apartment for a few days. It's a disaster in her!
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797



I told my mom that Bono and Edge gave me the cold


and thanks everyone!


My dishwasher just broker I have to turn in my move out letter tomorrow and report a broken dishwasher. They'll probably wait to fix my dishwasher until after I move and then charge me for it They seriously cannot come into my apartment for a few days. It's a disaster in her!
Bono and Edge gave you the cold!

Hope it doesnt get to be a really bad one....rest and get some Vitamin C!

That sucks about the dishwasher.
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:02 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:39 AM
*starting a fight in U2 News*

Don't mess with me when I'm homicidal.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 PM   #41
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
*starting a fight in U2 News*

Don't mess with me when I'm homicidal.

did you get tickets for next week? I was seriously thinking about looking up the phone number to your store to call you if you didn't answer my text. I almost fainted. I went to look for Detroit and I thought what the hell...let's look at your shows next week too. They came up
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:09 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797



did you get tickets for next week? I was seriously thinking about looking up the phone number to your store to call you if you didn't answer my text. I almost fainted. I went to look for Detroit and I thought what the hell...let's look at your shows next week too. They came up
I was all set, but The Jim is going to kill me, so it's good to know for him. Although there's a really fun contest on WBRU this week so maybe I'll win him some.

I found some decently-priced Detroits on E-bay and asked the seller a question and forgot to go back...I'll go there next.

Congrats on the job!
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:10 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:39 AM
Quote:
WIN U2 TICKETS!
Listen in afternoons this week as we give away a pair of U2 tickets to the band's SOLD OUT Boston show every single day! BRU Crew Members get chances to play our U2 Against Each Other trivia contest against another, non-BRU Crew callers every afternoon. Listen for chances to call in and be sure to remember your BRU Crew secret password dublin to play!
The commercial is funny in a cheesy way...bad impersonations of Bono and Sonny Bono fighting...

I could totally win against someone in a U2 trivia contest.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:39 AM
Re: Colds: My voice is attempting to go on strike again, but I'm not having it. I need my voice this week. I think doubling up on my vitamin C and chugging orange juice has helped me.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 08:39 AM
I think I should try to go to bed soon.
__________________

__________________
Kariann is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com