I hear a voice, it's whispering. In science and in medicine and in Randoooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kariann said:
Uh.....it does help when charging a cell phone to actually plug in the charger. :reject:

This reminded me of the gas station today....

:lmao: I can't believe I forgot about this one:

There was a guy next to me getting gas, all dressed up like a biker. So was his girlfriend/wife/whatever. They looked really goofy. He finished gasing up, got in the car, and drove off. All of a sudden I heard a huge noise and looked at his car. He didn't take the gas hose thingy, whatever the hell it's called, out of his car! :der: So he ripped it right of the side of the gas pump thing. ( :der: I guess I don't know my gas station terminology.) He and his girlfriend just sat in the car like this: :| for a few minutes. I tried so hard not to laugh. I kind of took my time to see what he would do. He took the whole hose in the store....walking with his head down. His girlfriend just sat there in the car with no expression on her face at all, almost like this wasn't the he had done something like that. I left after he walking inside. It was really funny. :D I've never seen anyone do that before. :der:

arw9797 said:

There was a guy next to me getting gas, all dressed up like a biker. So was his girlfriend/wife/whatever. They looked really goofy. He finished gasing up, got in the car, and drove off. All of a sudden I heard a huge noise and looked at his car. He didn't take the gas hose thingy, whatever the hell it's called, out of his car! :der: So he ripped it right of the side of the gas pump thing. ( :der: I guess I don't know my gas station terminology.) He and his girlfriend just sat in the car like this: :| for a few minutes. I tried so hard not to laugh. I kind of took my time to see what he would do. He took the whole hose in the store....walking with his head down. His girlfriend just sat there in the car with no expression on her face at all, almost like this wasn't the he had done something like that. I left after he walking inside. It was really funny. :D I've never seen anyone do that before. :der:

OMG that is hilarious I was laughing hysterically reading it! I wish I would have seen that!

ok I think I've figured out why I love Flower Child so much. It's because I can see Bono singing this song. There's songs here and there that I can actually visualize Bono or Edge performing in the studio. The first time I heard Love Comes Tumbling I completely saw Joshua Tree Edge playing this song. Unfortunately I was a few years off since it was during UF but for the longest time, everytime I heard the opening guitar parts and the solo in the middle, I could see JT Edge playing that song. With Flower Child, I can totally see Bono getting down to the vocals for some reason. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does it's usually a song that I completely love. Now, Love Comes Tumbling is a desert song and I don't see Edge but the So Cal mountains and desert. But I still love it :drool:

I don't think I'm going to be able to listen to anything anytime soon. :tsk:

Ok next week I really need to redo my U2 shelf here on the desk...its kind of gotten out of control. I keep adding stuff and sticking stuff in front of stuff. My most recent addition is the pic of Bono I snapping walking out in the rain in Milwaukee....love that one for some reason.

:yawn:
helping someone move is tiring..........but they are all moved in and it looks good :yes:

One more day of vacation.........:sigh:

You know...as nervous as vertical typing makes me, it often does me a world of good.

arw9797 said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I am so hungry tonight :mad: I should no better than to think eating nothing all day and then a "healthy" meal will be enough. All I had was vegetables for dinner :der:

Conversation of the Day

Lady: Is there a babyGap around here?
Meg: *points behind the lady*
Lady: *turns and looks* But I saw a sign, and I thought maybe there was a whole babyGap store.
Meg: :huh:

I can't even remember what I said to her after that...how much more babyGap did she want than a whole room of babyGap???

Schmeg said:
Conversation of the Day

Lady: Is there a babyGap around here?
Meg: *points behind the lady*
Lady: *turns and looks* But I saw a sign, and I thought maybe there was a whole babyGap store.
Meg: :huh:

I can't even remember what I said to her after that...how much more babyGap did she want than a whole room of babyGap???

Ridgedale has adult, kids, and baby as 3 seperate stores. Maybe she shops in Minnetonka, MN. :shrug:

arw9797 said:

Ridgedale has adult, kids, and baby as 3 seperate stores. Maybe she shops in Minnetonka, MN. :shrug:
You mean Ridgefield? :wink: Their Gap is a Louis & Clark! :nerd:

I know, but any babyGap sign is actually attached to my store, so it's not like we're misleading people to go down the plaza or anything. :der:

arw9797 said:

wanna help me Thanksgiving weekend? :sexywink:

Ya know that actually does sound appealing........ more so than the day after Thanksgiving and that weekend in retail :crack:

*Imagines asking boss for time off*
ME: I am helping someone move that weekend
Boss:
pinkslip.gif

OR

violent-smiley-001.gif

shari schultz said:

Ya know that actually does sound appealing........ more so than the day after Thanksgiving and that weekend in retail :crack:

*Imagines asking boss for time off*
ME: I am helping someone move that weekend
Boss:
pinkslip.gif

OR

violent-smiley-001.gif

oh right. My new 2nd job boss gave me an :eek: look when I said I was moving that weekend. I told her I can work 1 shift. She said they require 2 between Wed-Sunday. I work my full time job on Friday so I can't come in. :shrug: They'll have to deal with it. :D

:sad: There's only one more show left in my Big Envelope O'Tickets. :sad:

Schmeg said:

Important things to bring to a U2 concert. Such as tickets. :shifty:

oh....I thought it was about me. :| I forgot you have a U2 trip this week without me :( I will vertical type you for the rest of your life if they play Discotheque and you don't call me. Or anything else rare and unusual for the tour. There 2 of you with 2 phones. I'll be waiting for mine to ring many times. :hmm: Do you think free long distance would mean a 2 hour and 15 minute phone call? Do you think your phone could handle 2 hours and 15 minutes? :der:

Allegedly the day after Thanksgiving isn't even the biggest retail day of the year anymore...I've heard it's the Saturday before Christmas now.

Or if your store doesn't sell iPods and video games, it's just very steady all through December but never actually busy. :sigh:

arw9797 said:

oh....I thought it was about me. :| I forgot you have a U2 trip this week without me :( I will vertical type you for the rest of your life if they play Discotheque and you don't call me. Or anything else rare and unusual for the tour. There 2 of you with 2 phones. I'll be waiting for mine to ring many times. :hmm: Do you think free long distance would mean a 2 hour and 15 minute phone call? Do you think your phone could handle 2 hours and 15 minutes? :der:
I will try to remember I have a phone. :yes:

I have free nights and weekends, so a 2 hr 15 min call shouldn't be a problem...my battery is not what it used to be, however...:hmm:

I think I need to go to bed as I've decided it would be a good idea to go in an hour early tomorrow since new flow is going to suck the big suck. A little 10-8 Sunday never hurt anyone...and it's all time and a half. :drool: :combust:

arw9797 said:
Do we know what we're doing about Detroit yet other than what has been done? :shifty: I just got an email regarding my ad :D
We are working on that as well. :D That's great you got an e-mail already!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom