I have underrated Quadrophenia, and I am sorry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
I'm getting owned right now by Quadrophenia. It's amazing. This is John Entwistle's best record, easy...he really is the man. Tommy is a pathetic shadow compared to this monster.

One thing that I still dislike about this album (possibly the only thing) is that it's so repetitive. There's only so many times I can hear the melody of Love, Reign O'er me before I want to hear something else. Oh, that and I hate those synthetic horns. :madspit:

Other than that, it's pretty damn perfect. The story is approximately 776735368546346354135461 times better than Tommy's, the band is in great form, and the music is just brilliant. The second half is even better than the first as well.

Any other Quadrophenia lovers here? :drool:

The best part by far was at the end when the scooter flew off the cliff and got totaled. I think it summed up the movie rather nicely.

Quadrophenia, Who's Next, A Quick One, and Tommy ftw!

Everything else is number 2 or lower.

martha said:
I haven't seen it in at least 10 years. :eyebrow:

The last time I last saw it, it was on the Speed channel, believe it or not. I guess it had something to do with the scooters. :|

Quadrophenia has always been my favorite Who album, and I consider it one of the finest albums ever made.

Welcome to the light, my friend. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom