I have no David Bowie albums......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you just want a taste of Bowie try the Changes albums. You can get both of them in a double cd set (which is what I have).

I'm very fond of early Bowie. I second the Ziggy Stardust suggestion. Y'know, I've seen Bowie in concert... sadly I was only about 9 so I didn't really appreciate it. Think it was the Earthling tour...

:D

Jo

Hey thanks for the suggestions you two....Best Buy had crap for Bowie selections today, I guess I'll have to go to Tower....

u2elevatejo said:
If you just want a taste of Bowie try the Changes albums. You can get both of them in a double cd set (which is what I have).

I'm very fond of early Bowie. I second the Ziggy Stardust suggestion. Y'know, I've seen Bowie in concert... sadly I was only about 9 so I didn't really appreciate it. Think it was the Earthling tour...

:D

Jo

The Earthling tour was more in 96/97 if I recall. I went backstage :)

You most likely saw Bowie when he toured for Outside in the mid-nineties if you were only 9 - which would have been in 92, right?

This is unnessisarily long!!!

HelloAngel said:
Ziggy Stardust

Ya!!

Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Willen Gibens (atleast that's what it sounds like) and the spiders from mars. He played it left hand but took it too far.....so where were the spiders, when ziggy (something something something) like a lepord messiah...(and soo on, I'm getting bored of singing the song in front of my computer screen and typing the lyrics. Me thinks I'm going to go listen to it now)

HelloAngel said:

The Earthling tour was more in 96/97 if I recall. I went backstage :)

You most likely saw Bowie when he toured for Outside in the mid-nineties if you were only 9 - which would have been in 92, right?

Gosh, yea, you must be right! I think I kept the ticket somewhere..

*goes in search of ticket*

Actually I was 11 or 12 when I saw him (95 - year I became a U2 fan, lol). I forgot Morrissey was the support act. The ticket doesn't say what tour it is.

Where did you see him? I went to Exeter - not the best venue. Kinda wish we went to Cardiff.

Jo

I would really like to encourage you to start with Bowie?s first album, Man of Words , Man of Music. It has such wonderful songs, it is a beautiful album...
check the songs Memory of a free Festival (The sun machine is coming down...), Janine
(Like a polish wanderer I travel onwards to your land... And was it not just for the jewels I?d close your hand... Your strange demand to collocate my mind... Scares me into gloom you?re to intense, I got to keep you right in your place.... I?ve no defense I?ve got to keep the veil on my face...),
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed, Letter to Hermoine, Space Oddity, An Unoccasional Dream, The Cygnet Committee
("I want to live... and you want to live... and we want to live...")

Sure, you have to get Low, Heroes, Lodger et al.
From the 90?s I?d take Outside. I?ve seen him two times perfoming... for sth. like 800 people, starting off with 3 songs on acoustic guitar (one for them bootleggers, as he said...)
And try the new album, Heathen. It?s great though it has a somewhat scary cover. I like his eyes on Man of Words, Man of Music better.

Greetings to Iman!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars just did a great job of describing the first record I ever bought,thanks:) But I knew it as "Space Oddity", beautiful album.
If you are about to explore the music of David Bowie you are in for a very nice time.

Don't forget LETS DANCE, Bowie's biggest selling album.

Back
Top Bottom