I have MS, says Chrissy Amphlett

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like not after my mum saw her and she decided to go to the toilet on stage :|

But that is quite suprising

I saw this news. No matter what you think of her (I really haven't heard much about her -- I'm pretty sure the only Divinyls song I've ever heard is "I Touch Myself" and I wasn't particularly impressed with that) it's a cruel disease and I'm sad she's having to deal with it.

I was surprised that she mentioned being worried people might think her lifestyle could be responsible for developing it -- I've never heard that before, but I suppose because she is known for being strange/wild there will be people who figure she must have "done" something to get it.

indra said:
I was surprised that she mentioned being worried people might think her lifestyle could be responsible for developing it -- I've never heard that before, but I suppose because she is known for being strange/wild there will be people who figure she must have "done" something to get it.

I would hope nobody would think that-anyone who does, that's just low :down:.

I know a couple Divinyls songs-"I Touch Myself" (which I personally don't mind), and "Pleasure and Pain". Sorry to hear that she's suffering from this :(. May she hang in there as best she can.

Angela

I find out something verrrrry interesting today.....and i cannot believe that i have only just found out.

I am related to Chrissy through marriage. (prolly can't class it as related, but i don't care...this is soooo coool!)

How...you ask? OK..... try to keep up.

My father-in-law is a cousin of Col Joye, the first Australian to reach the American Billboard charts, with "Bye Bye Baby", "Stagger Lee" and "Oh Yeah Uh Huh" in 1959.......This i knew already.......very exciting is'nt!...I'm famous...just kidding, just married into one famous family.....Ahhhhh....did not know that hey, do now....actually i might have mentioned it before, can't remember!

What does this have to do with claiming to be related to one of the most intriging female artists of all time? Well, there are 3 other siblings to Col joye....Carol, Kevin & Keith. Kevin & Keith were the Joy Boys in Col Joye's band, and the jacobsen clan went onto forming the well known production company "Jacobsen Productions"

Keith married a lovely girl....most will know her as "Little Pattie" her first single was "He's My Blonde Headed, Stompie Wompie, Real Gone Surfer Boy" was a hit at number 2 on the aussie charts in 1963! Her name is Patricia Amphlett...... the cousin of Chrissy Amphlett....WOW! Hey!!....I cannot believe i did not know this before, my father-in-law has never mentioned it before......we have always heard of little pattie and Col joye (God, if you will ever go to a family BBQ, that's all you hear......I laugh as all the youngin's don't care....'cause they all go Col who!!)

So bugger me dead! What do you think....am i related? Is there anyone else out there that is related in a winding-backstreet-kinda-way to a famous bod?

fly so high! said:

So bugger me dead! What do you think....am i related? Is there anyone else out there that is related in a winding-backstreet-kinda-way to a famous bod?

Well im related to the lady on the $10 note
she is my 7th cousin

And yes i think your close enough to be related

:lol: What....you don't know her name! I guess we won't be seeing you on "who's smarter than a 5th grader"

It's Dame Mary Gilmore....luuvvy!!

whispers *don't feel bad....I had to google it, i actually thought it was Chisholm*

I'm hijacking my own thread...LOL!

cinnaminson said:
I don't know the connection's, it's been explained to me many times but is waaaay to confusing. I'm somehow related to Ian Moss - Chisel:rockon: and Jack Absolem - the original bush tucker man:up:

bloody bonza mate

WOW!!! I know of Jack Absolem, he is the dude who cooked his dinner on the engine of his 4WD while he was driving it!

Back
Top Bottom