I have football WITHDRAWAL symptons!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonovista

War Child
the Bad Girls School where MissMac graduated from.
I can't wait months till the NFL starts up again. I have taped games for this part of the year, but that AIN'T helping!!
WHAT DO I DO!!!!!

It's worse than kicking the smoking habit. It's worse than not having a single drink. I am getting bitchier since Sunday afternoons there's absolutely nothing on TV worth a crap!!!!!

I have even tried going on every sports talk radio show, it doesn't help. Professional help maybe???? Nah. I can't be the only one like this.

My poor husband is a football widower. I will force him to wear a Bucs shirt to bed. PERIOD.

*BV slowly calms down*

I know how you feel. It used to be that at least I could watch NASCAR, then Earnhardt crashed
frown.gif

Oh well, I will have to find something constructive to do.

BTW, Cowboys will go all the way this year
cool.gif

------------------
The Flying Banana

I feel for ya, bonovista, as I am in the same boat. I love the NFL. I'm not a big baseball fan (I enjoy going to the games, but not watching them on TV) and I absolutely can't stand Basketball and Hockey.

Here is what I plan on doing:
1)I've got satellite TV. I had bought NFL Sunday Ticket this season, so I get the NFL Channel all year round. They have 3 specials a week (NFL Films presentations), that they play over and over. I'll be watching those specials on Sunday.

2)Arena football starts in April. I know, it's not the NFL, but it does involve throwing an oblong ball around.

3)NFL Europe starts in April. I know, it's not the NFL, but it does involve throwing an oblong ball around.

4)I have an XBOX, and Madden 2002 and NFL Fever 2002. I'm going to not only be playing lots of games, but am actually going to set up games in which the computer plays itself, so I can enjoy watching the games...I told ya I'm desperate! Those games are pretty darned realistic!

It could be worse. You could be watching the XFL.
smile.gif

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I have it too, but it's not as bad as in previous years. I think I lost interest earlier because my teams started to suck kind of early on
redface.gif
tongue.gif
I think having the Olympics helps and so will NCAA Basketball.

It runs like this- heavy withdrawl, despair, then I start to be glad I'm free of the worry for awhile, then in summer when preseason starts back up I start thinking, here we go again, am I ready to throw myself into this heart and soul again? I can't do it! Yet, I always do!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom