I have a question for cat owners...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Is it true that you can tell by the moving of a cat's tail what mood she's in?

If it's all hanging down, the cat is angry/sad.

If the tail is moving up and down, she is pondering what to do.

If the tail is up straight, the cat is happy.

(I read that in an article somewhere...)

Also, is it true that cats can sense a bad or an evil person when it enters the house and, say, hiss at them?
(ok, so that's two questions)

Speaking of cats, a few days ago i was at this "cat party" - a family got new kitties and i got invited. I saw 2 of the 3 newcomer animals (the family already owns a dog and an adult cat) - one of them was pretty shy, while the other was walking around, being constantly moved and carried around by a little girl. During the evening though, the girl brought the kitten to the bench where i was sitting and the kitten (btw, it was a male kittie - are these still called kittiens or not?) tried to climb on the table and eat our food! Since we were instructed not to feed them (they'd get sick if they ate "human" food) everyone sort of held the kitten back.
Then the little guy (this cute white/grey kittie called Brutus) sat on my lap ( his size was sort of half way between my knee and the hip - must have been just a few weeks/months old) and tries to climb on the bench again! So i gently hold him by his chest and put him back on my lap, where i started to stroke his back. He must have liked it, because a few minutes later i bended over a bit and noticed his eyes were closed - maybe he even took a nap. :)
(*me: major fuzzies*)
Later, that same girl brought him back to the bench, and maybe he remembered me, because he went right into my lap again - and of course i just had to stroke his back again.
(*fuzzies some more*)

U2girl said:
Is it true that you can tell by the moving of a cat's tail what mood she's in?

Yes these things are true.

Also, is it true that cats can sense a bad or an evil person when it enters the house and, say, hiss at them?
(ok, so that's two questions)

It depends on the cat. Sasha likes everyone.. so I'm not sure if she would know if it was an evil person or not. If they first met her and were mean to her or yelled at her she would probly turn up her butt to them and walk away.

BTW Sasha eats tuna, ham, chicken, etc.. and doesnt get sick. :)

i love kitty

U2girl said:
1. Is it true that you can tell by the moving of a cat's tail what mood she's in?

2. Also, is it true that cats can sense a bad or an evil person when it enters the house and, say, hiss at them?

3. (btw, it was a male kittie - are these still called kittiens or not?)

4.(they'd get sick if they ate "human" food)

1. i suppose.

2. my kitty hates most people. he loves me though :)

3. yes, all kitties are called kittens.

4. kitty (that's my cat's name) likes to eat all sorts of human food. he especially likes it when i pour a glass of milk and "accidentally" spill some. he gets super pissed if i don't.

description of kitty: 17 pound male, 2" fur, very thick, light orange with white strips. very cute, but mean. he loves me :D

Re: i love kitty

Lilly said:

description of kitty: 17 pound male, 2" fur, very thick, light orange with white strips. very cute, but mean. he loves me :D

I agree with sicy, whoa. lol I have 4 cats! lol I have a big heart when it comes to animals and I found them all. Now I love them! My cats are
Tucker-an orange striped male. He was the most pitiful when I got him. He has half his teeth and is blind in one eye, and has a really crooked tail bc someone broke it when he was a homeless cat. He is the most wonderful cat I have ever come in contact with! SOOO sweet
Michelle-She is moody and possessive. And decided she won't leave the basement. I had to move the litterbox all the way down there just to suit her. She is gray with black stripes.
Hollie-Very large and mean to any other cat. She grunt and snorts. I don't know why she is so fat! She gets the same amount of food as the others! She is a tortise shell calico
Bo-Bo-A black burmese. She was abused and hides in the couch all the time. She comes up and sleeps next to me..but she only enters the room after I go to sleep. She has the worst breath imagineable!

My cats can't tolerate "people food" they get sick..and I wake up and step in it in the morning..how wonderful it is being a cat owner.

perv

Um.. :scratch: I was actually referring to the weight of the kitty.

You seem to be the one with the dirty mind. ;)

wanderer smokes too much crack

What the hell does that have to do with anything.

Re: i love kitty

Lilly said:

1. i suppose.

2. my kitty hates most people. he loves me though :)

3. yes, all kitties are called kittens.

4. kitty (that's my cat's name) likes to eat all sorts of human food. he especially likes it when i pour a glass of milk and "accidentally" spill some. he gets super pissed if i don't.

I didn't even notice: ok, so i asked 4 questions basically.

Wow! At 17 pounds of weight, that is one big Cat. :D

LOL @ the confusion over Sicy's comment! I had to read it twice till i figured out what all the fuss was about.

anyway, about the hissing...

cats generally only hiss when they're afraid or surprised. If I come home with a friend, for example, it may startle my cat and he'll hiss at the friend when he realizes I'm not alone--even if it's someone he knows. not all cats do that, of course, but if and when they hiss it is generally fear, not anger or a sign of sensing a bad person. some cats are just more sensitive to newness.

the other stuff seems right on.

I've got a 20lb cat. He's massive. And deaf. And pretty cool anyway. This pic only gives you a small idea.

Attachments

• animalsbw1.jpg
    animalsbw1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom