I have a new family member.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
:cute:

I bought a siamese fighting fish today.... he's very cool looking, he's ruby red with blue swirls ... :D

I named him Foo!:D

Anyone else have one of these? He loves fighting his reflections...

Here's a similar picture.... :cute:

fish_siamese_fighting.jpg

Baby Foo !! :D

I have one named Vladimir Ichabod. I've had him since September 9th, 2000.

I :heart: pets.

Congrats on your new buddy!!!

I used to have another one named Poseidon Neptune...I had bought them both when I first went away to university and was suffering from severe pet withdrawal from dorm life. This was a pic I took of them...but it's not very good quality! Vlad is on the left. Yeah, that's my prom picture behind them...

3365298%3B23232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E232336572%3A3%3C%3Aot1lsi

I was so happy to be able to have pets while I was away from home...but I was SO protective of them. I was convinced that they preferred different colored flakes of food, and I had them on a strict feeding schedule. When I went back home for a weekend, I hired a girl to "fishsit" for me, and I gave her over 2 pages of instructions, including how they liked their tanks placed. :eek:

I was such a freak.

My family have a fish (whose name is Fillet-O...that was my dad's idea)-don't know what kind it is or anything like that-but it's the weirdest fish my family's ever had. It loves to have its face towards the ground and the rest of its body straight up and down-and it will just stare at its reflection in the bottom of the tank. And that reflection is there because he moves the rocks in his tank around.

I have never seen a fish do that before. Any of your fish ever do that?

Angela

That's awesome! We have one now, we had another but he died a year ago....we had him for like, 4 years (we though 'he' was a 'she' until I later found out that all coloured Siamese Fighter Fish are males. The females are normally gray or brown)...

Whatever you do, DO NOT PUT ANOTHER FISH IN THE TANK.

EVER.

Last year, Bio experiments....allow fish to swim alongside his own reflection...see the fish spead his gills and tail, trying to look bigger.
Place another fish in tank, separate two with a pane of glass....see fish trying to look 'bigger.'
Take out pane of glass. She one fish nearly kill other fish by like, ripping off chunks of his tail.

It was kinda cool. All the fish were okay. THis wasn't cruelty or anything.

Last edited:
My high school sweetheart's parents owned a pet shop ( i used to go there when I was in primary school and didn't know what the future held...I had a long relationship with his pink and grey galah for years before I met David) Anyway he introduced me to Siamese Fighters....way back then.
We have a couple of small aquariums, one with a native fire-tailed gudgeon and one with a yabby (freshwater crayfish) called Orlando( he's a character, funny behaviours, so strong).
My eldest son moved out of home last year, and he is an animal lover. I bought an electric dark blue fighter for him as a Christmas present...and I'm glad I did, he loves him. The tank has really improved the feng shui of his room and gives him someone to come home from work to.
Of all things, the market where I bought him is on again this Saturday...hmmmm...I want a red fighter...there's always room for one more? David used to breed them, the fry are sooooo cute.

First things first, my unidentified furry dog UFD ( chihuahua?) is sick today, got me worried. He bit my husband earlier....woopsie:eeklaugh: no, not funny. Actually he's at my feet growling now. I had to put on a leather coat and gloves earlier ( on a very hot day) to hold him to look for a paralysis tick...couldn't find one.
Siamese fighters are easier to look after, and so elegant
Short answer....sorry...yes, we have one fighter, maybe 2 soon.

Yes....this little guy is filling the "dog void" in my no pets allowed apartment. :D

He really is cute... I did put the mirror up to his bowl, and he went nuts trying to outdo his reflection!! Plus the bowl is like a big mirror in a sense, he's been having a blast in there! I loved how he started swimming all around in circles when I came home tonight!

I named him Foo because someone kept referring to them as Fighters.... Foo Fighters.... :D The rest is history! It suits him :cute:

I'm getting a little too excited over a fish!

well to be honest I opened this thread to celebrate your joy about a new niece or nephew or cousin.
The fact it was about a fish never phased me at all, or minimised my delight..I get excited about my pets too. We are very lucky to have them.
Foo is a very clever name( maybe I'll call mine( when I get him) Grohl...a slightly obtuse homage to David)
my little dog's condition hasn't worsened but he is still growling if you go near him...it coul dbe blocked anal sacs....ewwwwwwwwwww.
Fish are nice aren't they?

I'm about to get busted ...on the puter..AGAIN!!! Gusto just arrived back from shadowing hub. Boy time flies when.....

I love the gorgeous color of your lil fishy :heart: I wish i could dig a pond in my backyard and keep Coi in it. Well, I guess I could but chances are I wouldnt be able to keep up on maintaining it.

Back
Top Bottom