I have a new family member..... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-08-2003, 07:36 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:56 PM
My high school sweetheart's parents owned a pet shop ( i used to go there when I was in primary school and didn't know what the future held...I had a long relationship with his pink and grey galah for years before I met David) Anyway he introduced me to Siamese Fighters....way back then.
We have a couple of small aquariums, one with a native fire-tailed gudgeon and one with a yabby (freshwater crayfish) called Orlando( he's a character, funny behaviours, so strong).
My eldest son moved out of home last year, and he is an animal lover. I bought an electric dark blue fighter for him as a Christmas present...and I'm glad I did, he loves him. The tank has really improved the feng shui of his room and gives him someone to come home from work to.
Of all things, the market where I bought him is on again this Saturday...hmmmm...I want a red fighter...there's always room for one more? David used to breed them, the fry are sooooo cute.

First things first, my unidentified furry dog UFD ( chihuahua?) is sick today, got me worried. He bit my husband earlier....woopsie no, not funny. Actually he's at my feet growling now. I had to put on a leather coat and gloves earlier ( on a very hot day) to hold him to look for a paralysis tick...couldn't find one.
Siamese fighters are easier to look after, and so elegant
Short answer....sorry...yes, we have one fighter, maybe 2 soon.

Old 01-08-2003, 09:40 PM   #17
Local Time: 04:56 AM
Yes....this little guy is filling the "dog void" in my no pets allowed apartment.

He really is cute... I did put the mirror up to his bowl, and he went nuts trying to outdo his reflection!! Plus the bowl is like a big mirror in a sense, he's been having a blast in there! I loved how he started swimming all around in circles when I came home tonight!

I named him Foo because someone kept referring to them as Fighters.... Foo Fighters.... The rest is history! It suits him

I'm getting a little too excited over a fish!

Old 01-09-2003, 01:03 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:56 PM
well to be honest I opened this thread to celebrate your joy about a new niece or nephew or cousin.
The fact it was about a fish never phased me at all, or minimised my delight..I get excited about my pets too. We are very lucky to have them.
Foo is a very clever name( maybe I'll call mine( when I get him) Grohl...a slightly obtuse homage to David)
my little dog's condition hasn't worsened but he is still growling if you go near him...it coul dbe blocked anal sacs....ewwwwwwwwwww.
Fish are nice aren't they?

I'm about to get busted ...on the puter..AGAIN!!! Gusto just arrived back from shadowing hub. Boy time flies when.....
Old 01-09-2003, 05:20 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:56 AM
I love the gorgeous color of your lil fishy I wish i could dig a pond in my backyard and keep Coi in it. Well, I guess I could but chances are I wouldnt be able to keep up on maintaining it.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:30 AM   #20
I serve MacPhisto
Local Time: 04:56 PM
congrats on your new fish.
pet fish and me don't mix.
somehow they always end up on their backs or down the sink disposal within the first few days i have them.