i have a dare for you all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
ok, i have a dare for you all.

this new radiohead song is so awesome, if you dont like it, i believe its safe to say that you dont even like u2 cause well i dont know why.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rupert/ladder.mp3

download it.

tell me if that song is the coolest thing youve heard in a long long time.

tell me tell me tell me.

the song is called "up on the ladder"

enjoy.

btw, its from a live recording earlier on in the month, the quality is cd worthy.

and its not a big file either, PLUS it doesnt take long to download even for a 56k modem user like myself.

and another thing, i promise to like you if you like the song.

this wont happen again.

lots of looks but very few thoughts provoked

i got a bunch of other good quality mp3s too but i forget the site at the moment...

including you, there there big boots...etc.

would they be somewhere on ateaseweb.com if I looked hard enough?

btw, I still think "there there" is the best new song, though I do like this one almost as much

Last edited:
ya on the main radiohead forum, it should still be on page 1 with a ton of replies as well as mirror links in case the first link doesnt work.

shouldn't this be in the Radiohead forum?

Just listened to the song... at first it didn't even sound like radiohead. I thought for a moment that perhaps it was bears band.... :crack: then I heard the guitar riff and realized these guys are waaay too good.
Analysis... I like the song. Very cool. But then again, Radiohead are cool now aren't they? :| Or is it just the people that listen to Radiohead that are cool? :banghead: I keep forgetting.

be honest you really like it?

the guitar is phenom.

the REASON why this thread here is cause i want to get non-radiohead fans opinions on this song, cause well, i just want to.

lots of people dont wanderer over to the radiohead forum, so i really wanted them to check this song out....

Angela Harlem said:
I just played it, now give me a hug.

ya ok, your suposed to say if you liked it and what part you did or did not like and so on. :angry:

i cant stay angry at you...

:sexywink:

ah, thats better.

*hugs manly for angela.

now answer me!

Yes, I know the rules were I was supposed to say what I thought etc. People always get cranky with my opinions. Maybe I suck a lot. I liked the song quite a bit. It makes me wonder why Creep and Karma Police were ever released as singles. If this is what they can do, why do they let their record companies release such crap? It is not the way to gain fans. If all their stuff was Karma Police rehashed, I would not care.
Have Radiohead always hid the good stuff from non fans?

That one song alone is better than the entire ATYCLB album.

Thankyou too for the hug. I am deeply moved by it all. :sad:

*manhugs*

Last edited:
that atyclb thing is quite true for me too...

creep and karma police were simply selected cause of their appeal.

i mean i find karma police to be the least fav song on ok computer...and creep, well i still like it but it is pretty silly and radiohead make far better songs that that now which is nice.

thanks angela.

ahhhhh!!!!!!!

it's so nice to finally hear a cd quality version of "big ideas"

fucking beautiful, I probably wouldn't have seen that till tomorrow if you hadn't said something, that August 7 show will be legendary

definately legendary...

you should hear after i might be wrong when he talks about requests...

in total ive got about 2 minutes of him asking the crowd for requests and him rambling and what not.

very cool stuff.

What concert is that from?

it's such a horrible day, florence.

Last edited:
bass and guitar reminds me a bit too much of just about 70% of every 80's indie guitar band
the keyboard/synth part is pretty cool

as with almost every Radiohead song I wouldn't mind hearing it for a few times (though I would prefer hearing a studio version of this one instead of this live version)

I don't get why every U2 fan should like this song though
hahaha ???

Karma Police and Creep are NOT crap songs!

I can't wait to hear the new ones though...I will implode soon

why was this moved? it was deliberately placed there to get the attention of non-radiohead fans.

ah well.

salome, your remark is surprising. that guitar riff sounds like NOTHING else ive ever heard before. and i do find that surprising coming from such an avid acdc fan, since everyone knows they have not made one song sound different from another for at least 3 decades now.

Sorry radiohead threads have their right place.

Deal with it. If Lemonade Stand people really cared they'd come to this forum.

:sexywink:

Zoomerang96 said:
salome, your remark is surprising. that guitar riff sounds like NOTHING else ive ever heard before. and i do find that surprising coming from such an avid acdc fan
AC/DC isn't indie 80's rock
there's nothing indie about AC/DC

the guitar from that song takes me back to a lot of music I heard on not-mainstream radio during the 80's (I actually am old enough to remember the 80's)

because young kiddies like you never heard it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Back
Top Bottom