i have a $15 credit with itunes. which album should i buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ME3

Refugee
interpol- antics
franz ferdinand- franz....
the arcade fire- funeral
modest mouse- good news for people....

thanks in advance for your help.

Nah, I think Antics is way better than Turn on the Bright Lights. It takes a while to sink in though. Antics is a definite grower album. Give it time and you will love it. It's more solid and focused that TOTBL was, and hase much better lyrics.

HelloAngel said:
I still haven't grown to love the Franz record. Am I lame?

Me, too. I like it but overall it's just not my thing, I guess. I feel the same way about Antics; like it, don't love it. I'd go with Arcade Fire.

lmjhitman said:
Me neither. The hype pretty much killed it for me.
that's why i don't listen to the radio (except for classic rock) and avoid watching or reading anything having to do with current music. this way, i just occasionally here people on here say "if you like blah, you'll like this." so i like franz ferdinand and didn't know there was any hype about them! :D

lmjhitman said:

Me neither. The hype pretty much killed it for me.

the hype is the reason i've still only heard 'take me out'.

actually that's not true. i heard 'shopping for blood'. but it's why i a) never picked up the album b) never took a listen to any of the other songs.

Why do people allow hype to stop them from buying an album? Makes no sense, just buy what sounds good.

I would go with either Antics or Franz. I prefer Antics slightly but people could easily argue either way. Franz is a little more fun, Antics a little more complex and difficult.

bsp77 said:
Why do people allow hype to stop them from buying an album? Makes no sense, just buy what sounds good.

Agreed.

I think it's funny that people on a U2 board are acting like over-hype and popularity would stop them from looking into certain bands.

Regardless, I'd do Interpol, Franz, or Modest Mouse.

Back
Top Bottom