I hate you L.A.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
You are all poopoo heads:

From www.thecure.com

WE ARE HEADLINING THE 'KROQ INLAND INVASION' SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH 2003
AT THE HYUNDAI PAVILION LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA
http://www.hyundaipavilion.com

ALSO PLAYING:
DURAN DURAN / HOT HOT HEAT / ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN / THE VIOLENT FEMMES /
DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL / THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS / INTERPOL
and on a second stage tbc/ general public/berlin/fountains of wayne/
bow wow wow/dramarama...

Tickets go on sale to the public this Saturday, August 23rd at 10am.

All you Californians are as lucky as can be (atleast the ones near LA). Please tell me someone will go to this, just so I can hear a review. :up:

2003CURE6small.jpg

Yeah I heard about this. I'll try and get tix, although a friend warned me that the Hyundai (formerly Blockbuster) Pavilion sucks really hard. He tells me there are few seats and then there's a grass area. You end up standing on the grass area in blazing heat. Nevertheless, I'm going to try and get tix. Should be fun.

i usually hate L.A. cos bad religion plays there more often any any other freakin part of the country

but that's a pretty good reason to hate the place, too

My brother is taking me for my birthday!!! Though that area does tend to get really, really hot, by the middle of September, the temps should be liveable.

When I heard the concert announcement, I was totally cheering!! I have wanted to see The Cure for so long and to have them on the same bill as Duran Duran, Dramarama, Berlin and all these other terribly cool bands, I'm like in total heaven. Throw Billy Idol into the mix and I would be like the happiest girl on Earth!!

Nice mixture of true 80's bands and the new 80's bands. I like.
I would like to see Echo and the Bunnymen and teh Furs. Have seen Dramarama and The Cure (back in the day :eek:ldguysmilie: )

EP.....Interpol is touring this fall I thought?

I'm going! I'm going! Got backstage passes too! Damn, forgive me for I am a wicked child.

Wickedly lucky that is... :wink:

Violent Femmes are supposedly really good live also.

They havent released a decent album in a while, but their first few are classics :up:

That's really one of the most interesting line-ups I've seen for a concert in a long time. I'm glad some of you got tickets, I cant wait to hear about the show.

holy crap! I wish I wasn't so damn poor right now :sad:. I wonder how much they cost maybe I can mooch off my parents :hmm:.....probably not :down:

fuckin' hell.

why does LA get the cool bands? the last 80s festival here - howard jones, inxs, go west, level 42, shakatak.

you get the cure and duran duran. i'm not happy.

they've changed the name of the blockbuster pavilion? :huh:
i used to live five minutes from there.

that should be an awesome show.

Back
Top Bottom