i hate tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whortense

Acrobat
so i had to say goodbye to "the x-files" and "ally mcbeal" the last two days. of course, both shows were certainly in their twilight, and it didn't terribly surprise me...but still, i'll miss them both.

so what are they going to replace them with? those damn reality shows i bet. who the fuck cares about whorey women who need to be shipped to alaska to marry lonely/horny guys??????? or do i really care if washed up celebrities pummel each other in "celebrity boxing"??????//////
mad.gif

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

I thought this was going to be yet another person getting rid of their TV, as I and many people I know have been contemplating. Basically that means eliminating cable, which for me means no TV at all. I know a lot of people who have done this during the last year or so and I am amazed by how it has transformed their lives, improved marriages, etc. Me, I'm just sick of it, hardly watch it at all to begin with, and I think I'm going to cancel cable at the end of this month at least for the summer.

obscure fact about joyfulgirl: she was an extra on Ally McBeal once, sssshhh, don't tell anybody.
biggrin.gif

it comes on other channels such as bravo and citytv I think.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

my girlfriend was on Sex and the City...

good show.

*ouizy is still waiting for Miami Vice to come back...

Originally posted by Sicy:
* doesnt have HBO.

I've got 5 HBO channels! Although, I'm never home to watch them....
frown.gif

------------------
"Talent without discipline, is wasted."

Originally posted by Sicy:
Its like a cable movie channel.. but they have cool shows too that I never get to see.
mad.gif

well now you can watch it at mr. fish's house. cha cha.

OK, just so you know there is still Invader Zim, and therefore hope. He is full of goo - MISSION GOOO!!!!

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

After being on a hiatus for almost 2 years, I have started to watch tv again. It still hasn't changed much, and I still don't have much interest in it. I started watching because my 6 year old daughter has been interested in the cooking shows, discovery channel, animal planet, etc, you get the idea. Its cool that she shows an interest in educational things like this, and yes, she loves cartoons also.

Me: Daisy, what are you watching?

Daisy: The Food network

Me: Are they making sugar?

Daisy: No, they're making salt

Me: Oh...

Daisy: Can't you tell the difference?

Me: *hangs head in shame* No

Daisy: *gives mom a funny look*

I LOOOOOVE TV

Digital cable rocks...my 10 sports channels and 4 good music stations do the trick for me...GSN is awesome for "Press Your Luck" (still the best game show ever IMO)...as well as the Cartoon Network and, as someone else brought out, Invader Zim on Nick.

wannabe said:
Whortense,

I've heard Simpsons is the next to leave Fox, is this true?

Yer kidding me right!? Thats the only good show on as of right now. I used to watch *looks around room* Buffy The Vampire Slayer alot, but it got kinda stupid after awhile:shifty: I think the only show that I really followed within the past year was The Osbournes and 24[which might I add was a very good show, Kiefer Sutherland is cool]

Other wise, TV sucks.

Oh, and Late Night with Conan O'Brien is funny, just the fact that I can never watch it because of school nights :madspit:

Invader Zim was canceled back.. actually, probably when this thread was started (May). Of course, I had just started liking the show when it got canceled. :rolleyes:

I :heart: GSN and I really love Match Game. :tongue:

elevatedmole said:
Invader Zim was canceled back.. actually, probably when this thread was started (May). Of course, I had just started liking the show when it got canceled. :rolleyes:

I :heart: GSN and I really love Match Game. :tongue:

Really?...it's been on for a few months (maybe just re-runs?) and a workmate of mine has a tape of various episodes...which is how I started to like it anyways...what the world needs is a GIR.

walkon11 said:

Really?...it's been on for a few months (maybe just re-runs?) and a workmate of mine has a tape of various episodes...which is how I started to like it anyways...what the world needs is a GIR.

Yep.. if I remember correctly, one of the creators of the show claimed they didn't ever intend to make it a long series. However, they did a shorter series than originally planned and left Nickelodeon, because they claimed they mistreated them in some way.. :confused: I wish I could remember what they accused Nickelodeon of.

elevatedmole said:

Yep.. if I remember correctly, one of the creators of the show claimed they didn't ever intend to make it a long series. However, they did a shorter series than originally planned and left Nickelodeon, because they claimed they mistreated them in some way.. :confused: I wish I could remember what they accused Nickelodeon of.

I heard that some of the episodes were too risque for the childrens network (one of those being the episode where Zim steals the other kids organs)...and Nick was giving them heat for it. Other than that, I'm not so sure myself. Great cartoon though...it was class.

Yeah, TV does suck for the most part. I hate reality TV with a passion. Just about the only series I watch these days is "Gilmore Girls." That's a great show. They are showing reruns from the first season on Sunday nights on the WB and I'm :banghead: that I didn't get into it earlier.

Man, that show was great. They should move Zim to cartoon network or something... Along w/ the other sweet, sweet Adult Swim cartoons. Oh man. Sea Lab 2021, the Brak Show, Harvey Birdman.... THAT is where it's AT people!!!

yes LMPA, the food network and discovery channel are awesome awesome television...among the only channel's i'll watch

in regard to HBO shows, i absolutely cannot stand "sex in the city"..i'd rather be clipping my toenails then watching that show...at least i find it more enjoyable anyway.

but "Curb Your Ethusiasm" on the other hand sometimes has me pissing in my pants laughing.

It's GIR. GIR is a robot made of spare parts they found in the garbage. He is cleverly diguised as a green dog. You can hardly notice the giant zipper on the front.

Mmmmm.... Dancing GIRs....

girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif

Last edited:
Not George Lucas said:
It's GIR. GIR is a robot made of spare parts they found in the garbage. He is cleverly diguised as a green dog. You can hardly notice the giant zipper on the front.

Mmmmm.... Dancing GIRs....

girdance.gif
girdance.gif
girdance.gif
:lmao: Is GIR from a cartoon? I've never seen him before. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom