I Hate Tom Cruise Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windmilllane

War Child
It seems like every single day, there is something about Tom Cruise in the media. This guy is beginning to be as obnoxious as Paris Hilton. I used to think he was cool. But he is nothing but a fraud and a freak. He constantly needs media attention. So what, you're in love. Grow the fuck up. Most celebrities want to keep their private lives private. On Letterman, he said he knew Katie Holmes for 10 weeks. 10 weeks. :huh: God, I hope she comes to her senses and realize this guy is probably a control freak and a dick. That's probably why Nicole Kidman left him.

What an asshole.

:madspit: :mad:

Tom Cruise: :crazy:

Windmilllane said:
It seems like every single day, there is something about Tom Cruise in the media. This guy is beginning to be as obnoxious as Paris Hilton. I used to think he was cool. But he is nothing but a fraud and a freak. He constantly needs media attention. So what, you're in love. Grow the fuck up. Most celebrities want to keep their private lives private. On Letterman, he said he knew Katie Holmes for 10 weeks. 10 weeks. :huh: God, I hope she comes to her senses and realize this guy is probably a control freak and a dick. That's probably why Nicole Kidman left him.

What an asshole.

:madspit: :mad:

Tom Cruise: :crazy:

I wouldn't judge him too harshly...he does good work with his charities and so on. I believe he's also an official spokesperson for AIDS awareness...in fact, didn't he take over the mantle from Bono a few years ago as a symbolic head of a campaign?

I do think he's a little naive about his stern philosophies on medications. While there are quack doctors out there, most of them do good work and fully evaluate a patient before certain drugs are even considered for treatment.

Maybe he's just coming from a personal perspective where he felt hurt by the system.

With regards to his relationship, maybe it's real and maybe it's not...who cares.

I'm still going to see 'War of the Worlds'...Speilberg and Aliens....:drool:

Narcissistic, egotistical maniac who frankly comes across like he's just gone off his medication recently.

I love the guy as an actor, but I'm tired of hearing about Katie Holmes.

I don't hate the guy, I do really dislike his behavior..especially the comments aboout depression, Brooke Shields, etc. He's acting like an obnoxious know-it-all-that's the most offensive aspect of all to me.. As for Katie, seems like a typical midlife crisis- maybe some people can fall deeply in love after 10 weeks but I'm very skeptical about that.

I think the issue might be the firing of his long time publicist and hiring his sister as his new one-the old one had him under tight control, now all hell has broken loose :wink:

I will see War Of The Worlds- I don't agree with or like some celebrities but I see their movies anyway. There are rumors that the movie is terrible and that's one reason behind Tom's meltdown.

What is worse:

Constantly hearing about Tom Cruise on TV, radio and newspaper - OR - people who start threads saying they HATE a celebrity or a band?

I go with the hate mongers.

NOTE: You obviously are getting sucked into and paying attention to everything you hear/read/see. If you are tired of hearing the news, don't go starting a thread with the word "HATE" in it....change the channel or find one that won't include celebrity lives as "news", don't read People magazine (or anything else that will speculate on celebrities). Turn off the radio when they begin the chatter. IGNORE the bullcrap.

It just means you are getting sucked in.

:up:

I don't "hate" him per se. Actually, if given the right roll, Cruise could deliver something amazing on screen. But I do agree that I'm sick of hearing about Cruise/Holmes.

I'm however pissed off that Katie Holme's relationship of Tom Cruise has taken the spotlight off Christian Bale during the Batman Begins premier :mad: :rant: :angry:.

I find Tom Cruise very irritating and his comments about depression, therapy, and medication really have me riled up. I've suffered from depression for years and I know therapy and Paxil helped me during a very difficult time. Tom has every right to his opinion but does he have to be such a condescending ass about it? So glad Brooke Shields gave him the smack down.

Tom is a talented actor but I'm afraid his persona is going to take over and the movie going public will not see a character on the screen but the guy who jumped all over Oprah's couch.

Hey may do a lot of good things but i think his perception on depression and women is a little funky. He needs to be more open minded. But nothing we can do about it right?

Golightly Grrl said:
I find Tom Cruise very irritating and his comments about depression, therapy, and medication really have me riled up. I've suffered from depression for years and I know therapy and Paxil helped me during a very difficult time. Tom has every right to his opinion but does he have to be such a condescending ass about it? So glad Brooke Shields gave him the smack down.

Tom is a talented actor but I'm afraid his persona is going to take over and the movie going public will not see a character on the screen but the guy who jumped all over Oprah's couch.

I totally agree with you Golightly Grrl. I also suffer from depression. Nobody knows what it's like unless they have been through it themselves.

The OOTS said:
Who cares what Tom Cruise thinks? His opinions on matters are insignificant.

True, but I'm just a little worried that some naive people out there might believe he's right when he says you can cure depression or mental illness "by exercise and vitamins." :rolleyes:

There's already some stigma left when dealing with mental illnesses, Tom Cruise's comments aren't helping any.

Then again, maybe they are. I have yet to read or see anything in the media agreeing with him or supporting him on this subject. Maybe that shows how far we've come in treating depression as an illness, not something to be ashamed of.

Besides Matt Lauer, I'd really like to see Cruise interviewed by Mike Wallace from 60 minutes, because Wallace has dealt with depression in his own life and would probably tear Cruise a new one :evil:

myusernamehere said:
There is an old adage in Hollywood....

"I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right."

Love him or hate him, he's got people talking about him and his new film.

It's beginning to look to me as though this is all that this new relationship/ depression debate is trying to achieve.

:|

i like tom cruise as an actor, but the whole scientology thing bugs me.

I'm finding it hard to even like him as an actor right now

I'm concerned about what he is saying about depression and anti-depressants. Sure it's his opinion but last I checked he doesn't have a degree in any form of medicine so is far from an expert in the field. I worry that his comments may either stop someone from seeking medical treatment for depression or make someone stop taking an antidepressant (which by the way is a big no-no without supervision from a health care professional)

leave medical advice for the professionals and stick with acting

sorry -this just really irritates me

Did you guys see the segment on Today about anti-depressants?

Supossedly they had two people to represent both sides but they let the one who agreed with Tom Cruise talk more. Hehe!

It's a grey issue. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. however, some people do need meds.

What are TC's view on people with Bipolar disorder??

I know a lot of people with this disease and if you stop taking their meds, they go OFF!

Tom seems to have an opinion in anything these days...

I wonder whether this is going to help or damage the opening of ''War of the Worlds" on Friday...

Tom, go home.

.... and here's to the other 1% .. who don't actually hate Tom Cruise ...
just can't understand why he's even with Katie !! :tsk:

We need a Katie Holmes hate thread instead !! :bow: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom