I hate The Strokes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
These guys fucking suck

Anyone agree? Disagree?

New edit:

Actually, now that I've carried it out, I don't think this experiment is a good idea.
Could a mod please close this for ole me?

Yeah the whole thing was going to be a study on how stupid it is to make a hate thread, but I got lazy and just don't want to bother now.

inmyplace13 said:
Yeah the whole thing was going to be a study on how stupid it is to make a hate thread, but I got lazy and just don't want to bother now.

And now you got stuck with your name on this stupid thread. :evil:

How could anyone hate "the strokes"???????

I "listen" to them all the time!!!!!

Wait, wait, one more:
inmyplace13 said:
WE'RE NOT ENEMIES, WE JUST DISAGREE.
indra said:
Don't listen to them then. :shrug:
He changes his mind, says I went too far. We all disagree, I think we should disagree, yeah.

Okay, I'm out.

Last edited:
Personally, I like to put on some Billy Squire before any Strokes come on.

The STROKE!

Never been a fan, don't hate them though. I remember when they blew up when I was in college. Never really caught my attention, but they do their own thing, I respect, unlike you haters :mad:

I cant believe it, I would have taken Bumberry as a LOVER of strokes!!!!!!!

:happy:

immyplace13 wrote: Yeah the whole thing was going to be a study on how stupid it is to make a hate thread, but I got lazy and just don't want to bother now.
you're deadright immy, its stupid but sometimes you need a valve letting off steam. always better than do the columbine.
btw i love the music of THE STROKES:up:...one of the better bands these days

I have both of their albums, and I love them. I hear the next one is supposed to be even better (though doesn't everybody say that? :wink: ).

The Strokes to me are the equivalent of N'Sync. Both are prepackaged, glossy, fabricated, PRODUCT marketed to certain (albeit different) demographics.

A bunch of rich kids with no connection to each other thrown together by crafty A&R men for the almighty $. Sorry Strokes, I'll put on a Ramones record when I want to hear the genuine article. And after much debate, the Strokes have announced they are renaming their stillborn second record, to: That *Was* It!

Hawkfire said:
The Strokes to me are the equivalent of N'Sync. Both are prepackaged, glossy, fabricated, PRODUCT marketed to certain (albeit different) demographics.

A bunch of rich kids with no connection to each other thrown together by crafty A&R men for the almighty $. Sorry Strokes, I'll put on a Ramones record when I want to hear the genuine article. And after much debate, the Strokes have announced they are renaming their stillborn second record, to: That *Was* It!

you sir, know nothing. stop trying to be clever.

julian met nikolai when they were six at school and a few years later they met fab and nick at high school. they then hooked up with albert a year later. hardly manufactured is it? yes the ramones are clearly an influence but i think it's fair to say that they were an influence on SO many bands since their time at the top.

the stroke's are a great rock n roll band with catchy tunes. esp the first album :wink:

You beat me to it, 1step. They did all know each other. Anyways, most all bands get "set up" together in some way. We could say that U2 was a "product" too because Larry put them together, but it really doesnt hold up or matter.

I think Hawkfire was probably trying to refer to the fact that their families had connections in the music business. Even so, I personally dont see what's wrong with that. I read a study that up to about 70% of people in the United States get jobs (any job in any industry) based off of having contacts/knowing somone who either vouched for them or put in a good word for them. How someone gets their contract doesnt concern me regardless, it's what kind of music they make. I personally have enjoyed their music so far, fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom