I Hate the Dave Matthews Band - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2005, 05:54 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by myusernamehere
Some people are taking issue with the fact that this forum is clogged with negative garbage or threads that invite an arguement. Starting a thread about hating a band is nothing but shit stirring...

YES, Shit stirring...all these threads are shit stirring. Nothing else.

This is not needed on this forum.

PLEASE TAKE THIS ADVICE!

We are your forum elders trying to help the newbies to make Interference a better place. Why can't anyone see that? Why do you guys continue to argue with us?

Old 06-21-2005, 06:05 AM   #77
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi
Jeff well said.

Its too bad all you donkeys who have nothing better to say than shit like "I can't stand his voice", "DMB sucks" or "He has the most boring voice ever", etc. don't get a clue. You are not nor ever will be 1% the musician that he is. If you do not like DMB or Coldplay or any other band discussed on this board good for you. If I could give you a quarter to spend at a vending machine to buy a clue I would give one to each of you. Stop wasting everyone's time with stupid ass threads that take less thought than that of which an ant is capable of.

One band after another gets bashed here. Go make your own board where people will care and stop posting here.
DiGi and Jeff are equivalent in their coolness and rightness.

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:08 AM   #78
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:55 PM
DMB are like a country band you just cant listen to their crappy music!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 06:16 AM   #79
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Did you even read the first six pages of this thread?

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:21 AM   #80
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax

Did you even read the first six pages of this thread?

NO!
Old 06-21-2005, 06:52 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:55 PM

Old 06-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #82
War Child

American Baby has got a good groove. There's some good crunchy guitar after the "Stay" parts. The wind up toy box thing is overused, but it's an homage to U2's Stay. At least, DMB has good taste.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:02 AM   #83
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Also, I suppose I always get a bit annoyed when people talk trash about musicians who at least seem to be decent human beings. DMB has been involved with charitable causes from its outset, so there's a U2 parallel here (DMB tends to be more involved in environmental and educational causes, but whatever), and, again like U2, you have a band composed of guys who remain (well, maybe with the exception of Bono, LOL) humble, down-to-earth, and genuinely grateful for their success. They're family men who preside over concerts that are generally peaceful and low-key (drinking and smoking pot aside). And, like U2, they see that the fans get a good bang for their concert buck--the last time I saw them, they played for nearly three hours and frequently bantered happily with the crowd.

You don't have to like their music or anything, but man, no need to be so harsh about the individual human beings.

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #84
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax
Also, I suppose I always get a bit annoyed when people talk trash about musicians who at least seem to be decent human beings. DMB has been involved with charitable causes from its outset, so there's a U2 parallel here (DMB tends to be more involved in environmental and educational causes, but whatever), and, again like U2, you have a band composed of guys who remain (well, maybe with the exception of Bono, LOL) humble, down-to-earth, and genuinely grateful for their success. They're family men who preside over concerts that are generally peaceful and low-key (drinking and smoking pot aside). And, like U2, they see that the fans get a good bang for their concert buck--the last time I saw them, they played for nearly three hours and frequently bantered happily with the crowd.

You don't have to like their music or anything, but man, no need to be so harsh about the individual human beings.

Great post, I completely agree.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:03 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

I agree with the human beings thing. I'm sure they're great guys and nice fellows and all that jazz. I still think someone should burn down their stuido or something to keep them from recording any more.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:55 PM
Wow am I considered a forum elder?

Can I be Mace Windu?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:21 AM   #87
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
Wow am I considered a forum elder?

Can I be Mace Windu?
I think of you more as this:

Very 'turtle-esque', no?

Old 06-21-2005, 10:27 AM   #88
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by pax

Not to mention that some of the opinions in this thread are really rude and disrespectful to people who like their music.

People should really think about the possible replies they get for the threads they start before they hit the submit button.
I was going to start a thread called "Bono needs to get his weave redone," ya know cuz it's my opinion, and if some of the arguments in this thread were true, I wouldn't be bombarded with nasty replies if I did.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I particularly enjoyed when their tour bus dumped poop on people in Chicago last summer. Ok, maybe I just wanted to say poop because poop is such a good word.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:55 AM
Excellent posts from HeartlandGirl and pax

And I agree with zoney and DiGi and everyone else who thinks "I hate" threads are useless.

To add to what pax said, even if you don't like their music, DMB are worthy of respect for their musicianship alone. There is a lot of music out there that I don't particularly like but it's obvious the musicians are talented even if it's not what I want to listen to. I just don't get why people need to express 'hatred' for people who are just doing their thing, having fun, who are in a niche all their own, and whose music makes a lot of people extremely happy. DMB have a wonderful connection with their fans and as pax also said, are really great people. I am not a huge fan but have enjoyed the two DMB shows I've seen, really love a few songs, and one thing I really enjoyed was the spirit of the band, their connectedness, the sheer joy and chemistry they obviously experience when they play together. The jam band thing isn't really my thing but I really love DM's solo stuff and hearing him play guitar. I've also read that Dave's band are the highest paid touring musicians out there--although it's Dave's band he views them as equals and compensates them accordingly. You don't have to like the music to appreciate their musical and personal integrity and, again, their excellent musicianship.

The suggestion that someone should burn down a band's studio just because you don't like their music is, frankly, immature and ridiculous. I suppose I should just take the comment with a grain of salt yet it's sad to me that so-called music fans cannot appreciate the fact that there is something out there for everyone and that there are people for whom DMB's music means the world to them, just like U2 might mean to you. Why would you want to deny someone that enjoyment just because you don't like it?

To echo HeartlandGirl's sentiments, why not engage in an intelligent critique of their music rather than this ridiculous bullshit of "I hate it, therefore they shouldn't be allowed to record."

And I don't want to ignore this thread either. I think it's an important discussion. As HG pointed out, many of us have been coming in here for years and it's disheartening to see what used to be a forum of intelligent discussions being reduced too often to a list of what people hate with no real thought put into the posts.