I Hate the Dave Matthews Band - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2005, 07:08 PM   #46
The Fly

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Well, I do agree that "American Baby" is not that good, I actually like the Dave Matthews Band. I feel they are one of the only bands that give good live performaces anymore. I also think it is unfair to compare U2 to Dave Matthews as they play different styles of rock music. To me Dave combines the best of both worlds, good lyrics and strong music. But, I don't want to sit and argue over this. What you like is up to you and it is your opinion.

Old 06-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:07 AM
DMB are big where I live, in the Northern VA/DC area. Especially with college students, a lot of my friends love them.

One of my friends hates u2 and I was about to ask why and then he mentioned he loved DMB and I said "why bother?"

Never liked them.

Old 06-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

I'm tired of seeing people make their font way too huge.
Indeed...but my point was made, well read, and accepted by many.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:39 PM   #49
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Jeff well said.

Its too bad all you donkeys who have nothing better to say than shit like "I can't stand his voice", "DMB sucks" or "He has the most boring voice ever", etc. don't get a clue. You are not nor ever will be 1% the musician that he is. If you do not like DMB or Coldplay or any other band discussed on this board good for you. If I could give you a quarter to spend at a vending machine to buy a clue I would give one to each of you. Stop wasting everyone's time with stupid ass threads that take less thought than that of which an ant is capable of.

One band after another gets bashed here. Go make your own board where people will care and stop posting here.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:45 PM   #50
New Yorker

I used to love DMB a few years ago, but they are so dull now. They put me to sleep.

Man the person above needs to chill. Don't take everything so personal. Everyone's entilted to an opinion.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #51
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi
Jeff well said.

Its too bad all you donkeys who have nothing better to say than shit like "I can't stand his voice", "DMB sucks" or "He has the most boring voice ever", etc. You are not nor ever will be 1% the musician that he is. If you do not like DMB or Coldplay or any other band discussed on this board good for you. If I could give you a quarter to spend at a vending machine to buy a clue I would give one to each of you. Stop wasting everyone's time with stupid ass threads that take less thought than that of which an ant is capable of.

One band after another gets bashed here. Go make your own board where people will care and stop posting here.

These poeple should start a thread about all the musicians that U2 have expressed distaste/hatred for!

Remember: WWU2D (What would U2 do?)
Old 06-20-2005, 08:53 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

thank you all for the support and good words

Quote:
Originally posted by #1bonofan
I used to love DMB a few years ago, but they are so dull now. They put me to sleep.

Man the person above needs to chill. Don't take everything so personal. Everyone's entilted to an opinion.
Irony.....this post following Digi's.

Here is your first quarter, digi.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #53
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 03:07 AM
Quote:
Jeff well said.

Its too bad all you donkeys who have nothing better to say than shit like "I can't stand his voice", "DMB sucks" or "He has the most boring voice ever", etc. don't get a clue. You are not nor ever will be 1% the musician that he is. If you do not like DMB or Coldplay or any other band discussed on this board good for you. If I could give you a quarter to spend at a vending machine to buy a clue I would give one to each of you. Stop wasting everyone's time with stupid ass threads that take less thought than that of which an ant is capable of.

FANTASTIC
Old 06-20-2005, 09:24 PM   #54
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Jeff well said.

We're donkeys because we have nothing better to do then bash other bands?? It seems like you got nothing better to do with your time then bash other people's posts.

Just because people say that DMB sucks, they aren't saying that they themselves are better, but if you wanna be a musician in this world, you have to face criticism. Even U2 get bashed by a lot of people, including their own fans on Interference. So deal with it.

How is anyone's time being wasted? If you don't want to take time to read this thread or post in it, you don't have to.

And people obviously do care, because a lot of people support my opinion and they are enjoying this thread.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:26 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 06-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #56
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Dave Matthews Band - Crush
Dave Matthews Band - Satellite
Dave Matthews Band - Grace is Gone

AMAZING SONGS!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:07 AM
I can see both sides of this argument. On one hand I don't like starting hate threads and try to avoid them. But when you really really despise something (like 50 cent ), it can help to get the weight off your chest by posting a thread about it. Doesn't mean that you're claiming to be better than the band. Lemme put it this way, remember when FlyingFuManchu started the Limp Bizkit appreciation thread? Almost everyone came in and shat on it.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:07 AM
Wow.

Why not just not read threads whose content you know will tick you off? If you don't like "I hate ____ band" threads...don't read them . I personally would like to see more positive talk about music, too, yeah, but at the same time, if someone doesn't like an artist, they do have a right to say so. If you want more positive threads regarding music, start some of your own.

All this said, I personally don't mind the band-they have some good songs. I don't know a ton of their stuff, but from what I have heard, they're not bad. But to each their own .

"American Baby" is kind of a weird song, though. I don't know what to think of it-in some ways, I kinda like it, but in some ways, it kind of annoys me, too. I dunno.

Angela
Old 06-20-2005, 09:36 PM   #59
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

I'm tired of seeing people make their font way too huge.
Amen brother.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Make that sister.