I Hate the Dave Matthews Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zonelistener said:
I am going to do this in caps-lock so hopefully more people will get the message:

THIS THREAD IS NOT NEEDED. FOCUS ON DISCUSSING BANDS YOU LIKE! SERIOUSLY...BE PROACTIVE ABOUT MUSIC...RATHER THAN JOINING UP TO SPREAD"HATE" ABOUT BANDS, JOIN TOGETHER TO FIND THE POSITIVES IN DIFFERENT BANDS.

I AM SO TIRED OF SEEING "I HATE [INSERT BAND HERE]" THREADS. THEY ARE NOT NEEDED HERE. SO STOP THEM NOW!!!

For your information, I am not a DMB fan. And I can no longer defend Coldplay...I am just so FUCKING tired of seeing shitty threads like this. Go tell us how much you hate a band elsewhere (like your journal).

Everything about this post is wonderful. EVERYTHING.

hehehe, i dont understand why everyone hates them so much? are they really big in the east, midwest , or south? im only asking cause here where i live no one makes a big fuss about them, theyre played on the radio rarely, i cant even remember the last time i heard a song of theirs on the radio.

its not that i like them i dont care for them just like jack johnson, weezer, bon jovi, aerosmith, nirvana etc...

zonelistener said:
I am going to do this in caps-lock so hopefully more people will get the message:

THIS THREAD IS NOT NEEDED. FOCUS ON DISCUSSING BANDS YOU LIKE! SERIOUSLY...BE PROACTIVE ABOUT MUSIC...RATHER THAN JOINING UP TO SPREAD"HATE" ABOUT BANDS, JOIN TOGETHER TO FIND THE POSITIVES IN DIFFERENT BANDS.

I AM SO TIRED OF SEEING "I HATE [INSERT BAND HERE]" THREADS. THEY ARE NOT NEEDED HERE. SO STOP THEM NOW!!!

For your information, I am not a DMB fan. And I can no longer defend Coldplay...I am just so FUCKING tired of seeing shitty threads like this. Go tell us how much you hate a band elsewhere (like your journal).

Now THIS is what we need stickied at the top of this forum! Viva! Viva!

:applaud: :bow: :up:

The only song by them that I can tolerate is CRASH...it has a good tune and nice lyrics too....They pale in comperison to any U2 songs though:shrug:

Dave Matthews couldn't fill a club in the UK. His first two records were tolerable and guilty pleasures but hardly inventive as his teenage/fraternity fanbase would have you believe. That he has remained a singularly American phenomon (albeit one with steadily declining sales figs) proves that his ultimate musical relevance is somewhere around Huey Lewis & the News (who, like Dave, had a big album or two and a couple fun songs).

Single most overrated live band EVER. I've seen his show and he and his band have zero stage presence, not one theatrical bone in their collective bodies, and while musically proficient enough, don't add much to their songs live versus on record. Unfortunately, the stoned & heavily intoxicated crowd remembers otherwise in the haze of the following morning.

I like DMB on occasion and have some records.

However, they are not my cup of tea for a live band. I saw them in 2002 at Deer Creek, Indiana.

And frankly, I was Bored!

Oh well, I'll just listen to them on the radion and skip them live!

zonelistener said:

I'm tired of seeing people make their font way too huge.

Furthermore, DMB sucks.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I have to admit I saw them a few times live, they had a few gems, but now they just bore the hell outta me.

first three albums are excellent - particularly before these crowded streets...brilliant album in my opinion. it's been mostly downhill since everday.

Re: Re: I Hate the Dave Matthews Band

indra said:

Don't listen to them then. :shrug:

Hey I try my best not to, but that stupid new song is always on the radio, and sometimes i'm at places where the radio can't be avoided.

Well, I do agree that "American Baby" is not that good, I actually like the Dave Matthews Band. I feel they are one of the only bands that give good live performaces anymore. I also think it is unfair to compare U2 to Dave Matthews as they play different styles of rock music. To me Dave combines the best of both worlds, good lyrics and strong music. But, I don't want to sit and argue over this. What you like is up to you and it is your opinion.

DMB are big where I live, in the Northern VA/DC area. Especially with college students, a lot of my friends love them.

One of my friends hates u2 and I was about to ask why and then he mentioned he loved DMB and I said "why bother?"

Never liked them.

Jeff well said.

Its too bad all you donkeys who have nothing better to say than shit like "I can't stand his voice", "DMB sucks" or "He has the most boring voice ever", etc. don't get a clue. You are not nor ever will be 1% the musician that he is. If you do not like DMB or Coldplay or any other band discussed on this board good for you. If I could give you a quarter to spend at a vending machine to buy a clue I would give one to each of you. Stop wasting everyone's time with stupid ass threads that take less thought than that of which an ant is capable of.

One band after another gets bashed here. Go make your own board where people will care and stop posting here.

Last edited:
DiGi said:
Jeff well said.

Its too bad all you donkeys who have nothing better to say than shit like "I can't stand his voice", "DMB sucks" or "He has the most boring voice ever", etc. You are not nor ever will be 1% the musician that he is. If you do not like DMB or Coldplay or any other band discussed on this board good for you. If I could give you a quarter to spend at a vending machine to buy a clue I would give one to each of you. Stop wasting everyone's time with stupid ass threads that take less thought than that of which an ant is capable of.

One band after another gets bashed here. Go make your own board where people will care and stop posting here.

:applaud: :up: :yes:

These poeple should start a thread about all the musicians that U2 have expressed distaste/hatred for!

Remember: WWU2D (What would U2 do?):wink:

Last edited:
thank you all for the support and good words

#1bonofan said:
I used to love DMB a few years ago, but they are so dull now. They put me to sleep.:yawn:

Man the person above needs to chill. Don't take everything so personal. Everyone's entilted to an opinion.

Irony.....this post following Digi's.

Here is your first quarter, digi.

DiGi said:
Jeff well said.

Its too bad all you donkeys who have nothing better to say than shit like "I can't stand his voice", "DMB sucks" or "He has the most boring voice ever", etc. don't get a clue. You are not nor ever will be 1% the musician that he is. If you do not like DMB or Coldplay or any other band discussed on this board good for you. If I could give you a quarter to spend at a vending machine to buy a clue I would give one to each of you. Stop wasting everyone's time with stupid ass threads that take less thought than that of which an ant is capable of.

:up: FANTASTIC :up:

DiGi said:
Jeff well said.

We're donkeys because we have nothing better to do then bash other bands?? It seems like you got nothing better to do with your time then bash other people's posts.

Just because people say that DMB sucks, they aren't saying that they themselves are better, but if you wanna be a musician in this world, you have to face criticism. Even U2 get bashed by a lot of people, including their own fans on Interference. So deal with it.

How is anyone's time being wasted? If you don't want to take time to read this thread or post in it, you don't have to.

And people obviously do care, because a lot of people support my opinion and they are enjoying this thread.

Dave Matthews Band - Crush
Dave Matthews Band - Satellite
Dave Matthews Band - Grace is Gone

AMAZING SONGS! :drool:

:yes: I can see both sides of this argument. On one hand I don't like starting hate threads and try to avoid them. But when you really really despise something (like 50 cent :mad: ), it can help to get the weight off your chest by posting a thread about it. Doesn't mean that you're claiming to be better than the band. Lemme put it this way, remember when FlyingFuManchu started the Limp Bizkit appreciation thread? Almost everyone came in and shat on it.

Wow.

Why not just not read threads whose content you know will tick you off? If you don't like "I hate ____ band" threads...don't read them :shrug:. I personally would like to see more positive talk about music, too, yeah, but at the same time, if someone doesn't like an artist, they do have a right to say so. If you want more positive threads regarding music, start some of your own.

All this said, I personally don't mind the band-they have some good songs. I don't know a ton of their stuff, but from what I have heard, they're not bad. But to each their own :).

"American Baby" is kind of a weird song, though. I don't know what to think of it-in some ways, I kinda like it, but in some ways, it kind of annoys me, too. I dunno.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom