I hate Sex In The City.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sarah Jessica Parker's face makes me a sad panda.

I know that sounds cruel, but srsly. She's supposed to play a woman who's desirable to the average man?

Sarah Jessica Parker has been given the dubious honour of being named the 'unsexiest' woman alive in a new poll.

The Sex and the City actress was given the unflattering title in a poll for the website of men's magazine Maxim, with writers comparing the 42-year-old star to famous US racehorses Barbaro and Secretariat.

Discussing Parker - currently reprising her role as columnist Carrie Bradshaw for the movie adaptation of the hit series - one writer asked: "How the hell did this Barbaro-faced broad manage to be the least sexy woman in a group of very unsexy women and still star on a show with "sex" in the title?

feelin the hate here too.

how that is supposed to compare to the average aussie womans life i can never know ! add frigging desperate housewives to that basket of bullshit too.

while i do love this show - i think its more because it does have some interesting plot lines.
I also love picking the shit out of it, out of the clothes, out of their attitudes, and i dislike charlotte something fierce. I love the show, but I hate it at the same time... I'm soooo leik totally miranda!!! :kiss: :wink:

Carrie dressed like she robbed a bad thrift store.

Although she has had a lot of gorgeous clothes, Carrie does have a lot of mental outfits.

Doesn't she have any girlfriends to go with? :rolleyes:

I'll leave this thread now to go bump the appreciation thread. :wave:

When we went to see it there were quite a lot of men at the cinema. My brother went to see it but my Da wouldn't hear tell of going.

I also know someone else who wants to see it although he probably doesn't want me mentioning that here. :shifty: It probably has more to do with the fact I love it and made him suffer every episode because he's never done complaining about the characters/storylines. :D

Sarah Jessica Parker has been given the dubious honour of being named the 'unsexiest' woman alive in a new poll.

The Sex and the City actress was given the unflattering title in a poll for the website of men's magazine Maxim, with writers comparing the 42-year-old star to famous US racehorses Barbaro and Secretariat.

Discussing Parker - currently reprising her role as columnist Carrie Bradshaw for the movie adaptation of the hit series - one writer asked: "How the hell did this Barbaro-faced broad manage to be the least sexy woman in a group of very unsexy women and still star on a show with "sex" in the title?

This is pretty harsh. I think SJP is a bit of a horseface too, but she's got charisma and made this show what it is.

I can only imagine how awful she would feel upon hearing about this article, and no amount of popularity or money is going to lessen that. A shame.

Oh, she knows about the Maxim thing - she commented on it in some recent interview.

I have a lot of respect for her, and she definitely makes the show - she portrays Carrie really well. You feel what she's feeling, and when her character feels joy, it bubbles over through the TV.

She can sometimes look stunning and sometimes look really ... unfortunate. But she has great hair. :wink:

Yikes that is harsh. I thought she looked great in "Honeymoon in Vegas" and "LA Story" but that was a while ago, I guess. I actually saw SJP in Annie on Broadway ages ago.

I'm no fan of Sex and the City, but I can't help but wonder if the people who call SJP ugly ever look in the mirror. I mean think about it -- you just know the vast majority of those who voted aren't exactly god's-gift-to-women-handsome-stud-muffins themselves. I bet most of them would probably shit themselves with excitement if SJP deigned to knock boots with them.

Exactly, indra... Makes me think a bunch of Seth Roganites are making these lists up.

And yes, SJP isn't classically attractive, but she has such a personality and plays Carrie so believably, it's hard not to love her. Ok, for some of us. :tongue:

I always thought another appeal of the show was that none of the women were super drop dead gorgeous. Just like not all of us can be supermodels, it added to the realism of the show, if that makes any sense?

I'm seeing it today and I don't give a crap who in here thinks I'm nuts for it. So there. :wink:

I'm no fan of Sex and the City, but I can't help but wonder if the people who call SJP ugly ever look in the mirror. I mean think about it -- you just know the vast majority of those who voted aren't exactly god's-gift-to-women-handsome-stud-muffins themselves. I bet most of them would probably shit themselves with excitement if SJP deigned to knock boots with them.

Actually.....I am rather self-depricating and so have no issue knocking my own looks, or lack thereof. And, as I said earlier, the attacks on her looks seem harsh and of course uncalled for....but if she knocked on my door and deigned to do anything but loan me enough $$$ to buy a nice sized home, I'd most likely thank her for her time and tell her how charming she was as Annie three decades ago. Besides, Lance's Mom is a jealous, jealous shrew, so I've little choice here.

Besides, Lance's Mom is a jealous, jealous shrew, so I've little choice here.

For a while, I thought we were slipping.

You know, sometimes I wonder if she should have her own account on here, so she could reprimand her son after all of his posts, and interact with some of her "customers"...

Personally I think anyone who rags online about someone else's physical appearance should be required to post his or her own picture for everyone's appraisal.

I still hate SATC, but I'm psyched about Square Pegs finally being out on DVD!

Hey, if anyone could post some spoilers for the movie, that would be great. I don't wanna see the movie, but I wanna know what happens to my skanks. Thanks!

Don't be hatin' on Carrie :madwife:

True dat!
I can't stand when people (predominantly men) say how ugly SJP is. It's almost like they are inadvertently spouting off a really sexist remark, especially with all the "ugly" male actors out there making millions of dollars everyday in roles where they do stupid things on a regular basis. Personally, I don't think SJP is ugly at all, but even if she were, not every woman on earth looks like a supermodel. It shows how much media has perpetuated the idea that the only thing a woman is good for is her ability to please a heterosexist beauty role.

Ooopps...that had nothing to do with S&TC (which I love). Most people feel like it's just about 4 women getting laid all the time and wearing fancy shoes, but those are the people who have never truly gotten to know the characters and realized it's all about their friendship. Whatevs, it's not for everyone. But it's definitely for me! :heart::heart:

Cool article too about the movie: Will the Success of Sex and the City Force Hollywood to Stop Ignoring Women? | Movie Mix | AlterNet

Carrie's outfits were always hit or miss with me. In one scene, the clothes would be to die for. In the next scene, all the viewers go :huh:

Don't even get me started on her makeup, particularly season one. Talk about clowns!

Good for SJP on being famous, I've usually liked her in whatever I've seen her in. I don't find her attractive in the least, but it's cool that others do.

I don't see why saying that you think she's unattractive is wrong. It's not like you're knocking her acting ability or personality or anything. Women are just as likely to say things like this as are men, so I don't see the big deal here.

Meanwhile, the only time I can recall Cynthia Nixon looking cute was in that movie The Manhatten Project. That was in 1986.

It doesn't matter that she's ugly, just like it doesn't matter that half the characters in the movies like "Superbad" or teen-boy movies are fugly as hell, because they are funny. I don't think it's wrong to think she's ugly. But Maxim called her the Unsexiest woman alive. That hurts a girl's feelings. Do they have an unsexiest man alive list? I'm not just being sarcastic. Do they?

It's unfair, but we have to admit that female actors and stars are held to a different standard than male stars.

Back
Top Bottom