I hate Sex In The City.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never seen it and have no desire to. But I've never been much of a girly girl either, so maybe that's part of it.

I like sex in the city, also sex in a small town, sex in the suburbs, a countryside inn, on the beach (except for sand getting in places it shouldn't)...anyplace is good.

I don't have HBO, so I watch the reruns now once in a while

I just don't care much for a show in which the womens' lives seem to be centered around the fact that they don't have a man, on looking for a man, etc etc. Yawn, that's boring to me.

I don't really like the clothes either :shrug: well at least not Carrie's

Some of the clothes / shoes / bags were fabulous - there were a lot of tragic outfits though.

I didn't like how they spoke about certain subjects on the show but I like to watch it and have a laugh once in a while.

I can't stand that show either. My wife used to watch it, and when Sarah Jessica Parker got pissed off at the artist boyfriend for not paying enough attention to her during HIS big show, and then eventually *SPOILERS* leaves him for some guy that treated her like shit for years *SPOILERS* I got so friggin pissed off. Self involved twits. All of 'em. Except the brunett. I liked her. She was cute and nice.

I'm a girl and I can't stand it either. I can't help but feel annoyed when I see the "which Sex and the City girl are you?" commercials.

I agree with you...I think it is totally popcorn entertainment. I don't identify with the characters as my life is nothing like theirs but it's fun to watch and it makes me laugh. Harmless fun.

My boyfriend even watches it with me. :yes:

I loved it. Carrie was probably my least favorite character. SJP does indeed often look horselike, but she looked fabulous in those clothes.

Except when the costume designer put her in the most ridiculous things you could ever imagine. (Seriously - why does that costume designer ... Patricia Fields? is that right? ... get so many raves? Clearly, she's a loon.)

And maybe I should be calling a therapist right about now, but I completely love Mr. Big.

(Okay, he was a jerk, but he was hot and charming and funny, and he's fictional anyway, so it's okay to like a fictional character.)

corianderstem said:
I loved it. Carrie was probably my least favorite character. SJP does indeed often look horselike, but she looked fabulous in those clothes.

Except when the costume designer put her in the most ridiculous things you could ever imagine. (Seriously - why does that costume designer ... Patricia Fields? is that right? ... get so many raves? Clearly, she's a loon.)

And maybe I should be calling a therapist right about now, but I completely love Mr. Big.

(Okay, he was a jerk, but he was hot and charming and funny, and he's fictional anyway, so it's okay to like a fictional character.)

:lol:

Jerks who are charming and funny... :madwife: :wink:

My favorites were Steve and Aiden. :drool:

I went on a SATC bus tour while in NY a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun... We had martinis in the bar they used for Steve and Aiden's at 11 o'clock in the morning. :sexywink:

I loved the SJP's clothes and Steve.. He was so sweet. Hated Mr. Big. I didn't have a favorite character, though.

it was wonderful escapist entertainment with three good comediennes and one outstanding comedienne (Cynthia Nixon ... i'll never, ever forget how she delivered the line, "I can't tonight, I have chlymidia") that became a love poem to New York as well as a testament to female friendship and especially the constructed urban family -- it's often been said that the four of them essentially live lives parallel to many gay men in the big city, and i can completely understand that. sometimes rejected by their families, many urbanites forge tight-knit family units from friends that are every bit as strong as biological families. i thought that was nice. and each character gained depth with each season.

though, i'll admit it, i laughed when Brian, on "Family Guy," described it as, "it's a show about three hookers and their mom."

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

My favorites were Steve and Aiden. :drool:

I liked them but Harry was a sweetheart too. :up:

Samantha was my favourite, she was hilarious.

Irvine511 said:
it was wonderful escapist entertainment with three good comediennes and one outstanding comedienne (Cynthia Nixon ... i'll never, ever forget how she delivered the line, "I can't tonight, I have chlymidia") that became a love poem to New York as well as a testament to female friendship and especially the constructed urban family -- it's often been said that the four of them essentially live lives parallel to many gay men in the big city, and i can completely understand that. sometimes rejected by their families, many urbanites forge tight-knit family units from friends that are every bit as strong as biological families. i thought that was nice. and each character gained depth with each season.

though, i'll admit it, i laughed when Brian, on "Family Guy," described it as, "it's a show about three hookers and their mom."

:lmao:

I agree with what you said 100%, Irvine. I see parts of the girls in each of my friends and we share a lot of the same experiences, even though we don't own 50 pairs of $600 heels (those shoes :drool: ).

My favorite has always been Carrie. Miranda's a close second.

I LOVE Sex and the City! :love: Carrie is my favorite though I like Samantha a lot too. Can't ever get enough of the things that she comes up with to say and do! :lol:

As for guys I liked Mr. Big though he was a jerk quite a bit,lol. But Steve was such a sweetie! awwww :cute:

I couldn't stand Aiden. Maybe because I find John Corbett so unattractive, I couldn't wait until they broke up.

But he didn't deserve to be cheated on, I'll give him that. :wink:

Carrie didn't belong with The Russian. He was pretentious and no fun at all. Carrie needs fun, dammit. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom