I hate Sex In The City.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RedrocksU2 said:
There, I said it.

The Mrs LOVES that show :rolleyes::|

Btw, that girl, from Square Pegs, she is WAY overated.
It's okay -- better than "Friends" -- but it's very formulaic, and the horny woman is a caricature, but not very funny. It's not awful, but nothing amazing. Those characters are so shallow, but the writing tries to come off as truthful and moving.

I read the title of this thread and my heart jumped for joy. At last! It's good to know I'm not alone. It's all my friends talk about. I detest this show and all its hype. :down:

I like Gilmore Girls, Mad About You, and other chick shows, so I would probably like Sex And The City. :shrug:

Here's some kindling for the fire: You know what sucked about the show? With all the fucking going on, we never got to see Carrie naked.

Thank you for this thread, I cannot stand SITC, I watched some episodes out of curiosity but I found it so annoying. There was not one character in it which I could even remotedly identify with. And SJP is so going on my nerves, she's not even a little bit attractive. Sorry, I just don't get the whole fuzz about the series. It may be fun and light entertainment for some, but I can really think of better ways to spend or waste my time.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i just have an extreme dislike for sarah jessica parker, thus anything she is involved in, odds are i will hate it.

I loved her in the '80s when she was a teen actress, but I loathed her as Carrie. But that might have more to do with the way the character was written than SJP herself. I don't think I've even seen her in any of her other adult roles.

:bump:

"Maxim’s 5 UNSEXIEST Women Alive"

ssj1010m.jpg

I think so too. She's OK, but that's it.
I also never liked the show, although I've tried to and sometimes I even made an effort to watch an episode until the end.
:yawn:

U2FanPeter said:
It's weird seeing the show on TBS reruns since all the language is cleaned up/re-edited or scenes play differently.

The last couple years of the show the stars shot alternate scenes for family friendly syndication. So, those that have seen every episodes will see unseen footage when viewing TBS.

All new scenes, of course, are inferior/watered down etc..

u2fp

"Hey, I just found this totally sweet quiz called What Sex and the City character are you? -- it really described my personality well. You HAVE to come check it out!"

APRRIIILLLLL!:mad:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom