I hate Sex In The City.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carrie was pretty damned unlikable most of the time. Plus, she often looked like a clown. (Except when she looked awesome ... I couldn't figure out that stupid costume design lady. It's like she had multiple personalities when dressing Carrie.)

I like the show. I hope the movie is worth all the hype.

I couldn't stand Aiden. Carrie shouldn't have cheated on him (duh), but I was glad when he was off the show. He just bugged me to no end.

I want to get the DVD's of this and watch it from the start and see the shows I missed which is not a lot and not watch it on TBS with all their editing but it cost a lot, like 300.00 or more, I guess I'll rent from Netflix.

LMAO! i agree aidan is :drool:

But i hate all that 'do you have a Mr Big?' I have watched the show a million times (i have the DVD's) and have to come to the realisation, she's the fuckup completely in their relationship, needy and sooky, and hot and cold and fucking mental.

And the whole storyline with the russian. Like he'd look TWICE at her, she trash next to him beautiful prada self. :heart:

Go Miranda!

I honestly find John Corbett unattractive. I mean, he's not ugly, but he does nothing for me. Everything I've seen him in, he makes me go: Eh. Meh.

sulawesigirl4 said:
I don't identify with the characters as my life is nothing like theirs but it's fun to watch and it makes me laugh.

This is probably part of the reason I don't like the show. I'm surrounded by this sort of crowd, and frankly, having to watch them on TV on top of everything else makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs.

A lot of my girl friends like this show, and I just don't see why.

Then again, I don't see why people love shows like Grey's Anatomy or Ugly Betty, but that's cool.

Subjective tastes ftw.

I tried watching this a few times, but I couldn't stand it. I think the writers were trying to create the impression of "strong women who are free and open sexually but still have vulnerabilities" but the impression I got was "whiny, self-involved, neurotic women who don't think about anything but sex and shoes."

I think the criticisms are valid, but what sometimes gets overlooked is the important theme of friendship.

corianderstem said:
I think the criticisms are valid, but what sometimes gets overlooked is the important theme of friendship.

I did however see the friendships b/t all 4 women. Especially the unspoken bond b/t the friends which is sometimes a rarity.

My sister and I both love Sex in the City, :heart: Sure it's superficial in many ways, but I don't think it ever claimed to be a gritty realistic portrayal. I just enjoy the fashion, the one-liners, the friendships and relationships.

I can totally see why Carrie would get on many people's nerves, although she never irrittated me personally.

Last edited:
:bump:

from people.com:

Jennifer Hudson Signs Up for Sex and the City
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2007 08:10 AM EDT

By Caris Davis

In her first major role since her Oscar-winning performance in Dreamgirls, Jennifer Hudson is joining the cast of Sex and the City: The Movie.

The singer and actress, 25, will portray the assistant to Sarah Jessica Parker's shoe-obsessed character Carrie Bradshaw, and is in final negotiations with the movie's producers about details of her role, Variety is reporting.

The movie, which is scheduled to start shooting in New York Sept. 19, revolves around the lives of the four main SATC characters played by Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, who are all reprising their roles. Chris Noth also joined the cast to play Mr. Big again. The HBO TV hit wrapped its six-year run in 2004.

Hudson is also in the studio working on her debut album, and is in the upcoming crime drama Winged Creatures opposite Kate Beckinsale and Forest Whitaker.

Yeah, I saw that news headline that Jennifer Hudson was joining the show. Big deal !! :huh:
I've never ever watched this show ... and I don't plan on starting now. :tsk:

Last edited:
Mixed bag about Sex. I thought Carrie was a cutie, but her clothes looked ridiculous. I'm surprised they never made her wear a burlap bag in some absurd attempt to be trendy.

MsMofoGone said:
Yeah, I saw that news headline that Jennifer Hudson was joining the show. Big deal !! :huh:
I've never ever watched this show ... and I don't plan on starting now. :tsk:

It's not a show anymore. They're talking about a movie.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Ok, and...?

I love the show but why the fuck do we need Jennifer Hudson added into it. :barf:

Needless to say ... since I never found an 'interest' in watching that program on TV.
The fact that Hudson is joining the show ... makes entirely no difference to the future possibility of changing my mind to see it.

Originally posted by corianderstem
It's not a show anymore. They're talking about a movie
Yes, I know ... I was referring to it that way as I didn't say TV show ... I said 'show' !! :up:
Like, when people go to the 'movies' ... well ... sometimes, they say I'm going to the 'show'. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom