I hate Sex In The City. - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2008, 12:33 AM   #151
The Male

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker's face makes me a sad panda.

I know that sounds cruel, but srsly. She's supposed to play a woman who's desirable to the average man?

Now.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:57 AM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker has been given the dubious honour of being named the 'unsexiest' woman alive in a new poll.

The Sex and the City actress was given the unflattering title in a poll for the website of men's magazine Maxim, with writers comparing the 42-year-old star to famous US racehorses Barbaro and Secretariat.

Discussing Parker - currently reprising her role as columnist Carrie Bradshaw for the movie adaptation of the hit series - one writer asked: "How the hell did this Barbaro-faced broad manage to be the least sexy woman in a group of very unsexy women and still star on a show with "sex" in the title?

Old 05-31-2008, 12:57 AM   #153
The Fly

Local Time: 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Sarah Jessica Parker's face makes me a sad panda.

I know that sounds cruel, but srsly. She's supposed to play a woman who's desirable to the average man?
she's ugly as hell.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:30 AM
feelin the hate here too.

how that is supposed to compare to the average aussie womans life i can never know ! add frigging desperate housewives to that basket of bullshit too.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #155
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 11:00 AM
while i do love this show - i think its more because it does have some interesting plot lines.
I also love picking the shit out of it, out of the clothes, out of their attitudes, and i dislike charlotte something fierce. I love the show, but I hate it at the same time... I'm soooo leik totally miranda!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Carrie dressed like she robbed a bad thrift store.
Although she has had a lot of gorgeous clothes, Carrie does have a lot of mental outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post

Doesn't she have any girlfriends to go with?

I'll leave this thread now to go bump the appreciation thread.
When we went to see it there were quite a lot of men at the cinema. My brother went to see it but my Da wouldn't hear tell of going.

I also know someone else who wants to see it although he probably doesn't want me mentioning that here. It probably has more to do with the fact I love it and made him suffer every episode because he's never done complaining about the characters/storylines.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #157
you are what you is

Local Time: 01:00 AM
as long as Harry's in, I'm in
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 05-31-2008, 09:29 PM   #158
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:00 PM
So Carlos, did Mrs. Carlos club you over the head, tie you in a sack, and drag you to the theatre to see it with her? If so, she's my new best friend.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #159
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
Sarah Jessica Parker has been given the dubious honour of being named the 'unsexiest' woman alive in a new poll.

The Sex and the City actress was given the unflattering title in a poll for the website of men's magazine Maxim, with writers comparing the 42-year-old star to famous US racehorses Barbaro and Secretariat.

Discussing Parker - currently reprising her role as columnist Carrie Bradshaw for the movie adaptation of the hit series - one writer asked: "How the hell did this Barbaro-faced broad manage to be the least sexy woman in a group of very unsexy women and still star on a show with "sex" in the title?

This is pretty harsh. I think SJP is a bit of a horseface too, but she's got charisma and made this show what it is.

I can only imagine how awful she would feel upon hearing about this article, and no amount of popularity or money is going to lessen that. A shame.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Never!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, she knows about the Maxim thing - she commented on it in some recent interview.

I have a lot of respect for her, and she definitely makes the show - she portrays Carrie really well. You feel what she's feeling, and when her character feels joy, it bubbles over through the TV.

She can sometimes look stunning and sometimes look really ... unfortunate. But she has great hair.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #162
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post

Yikes that is harsh. I thought she looked great in "Honeymoon in Vegas" and "LA Story" but that was a while ago, I guess. I actually saw SJP in Annie on Broadway ages ago.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #163
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:00 PM
I'm no fan of Sex and the City, but I can't help but wonder if the people who call SJP ugly ever look in the mirror. I mean think about it -- you just know the vast majority of those who voted aren't exactly god's-gift-to-women-handsome-stud-muffins themselves. I bet most of them would probably shit themselves with excitement if SJP deigned to knock boots with them.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Exactly, indra... Makes me think a bunch of Seth Roganites are making these lists up.

And yes, SJP isn't classically attractive, but she has such a personality and plays Carrie so believably, it's hard not to love her. Ok, for some of us.

I always thought another appeal of the show was that none of the women were super drop dead gorgeous. Just like not all of us can be supermodels, it added to the realism of the show, if that makes any sense?

I'm seeing it today and I don't give a crap who in here thinks I'm nuts for it. So there.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #165
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
I'm no fan of Sex and the City, but I can't help but wonder if the people who call SJP ugly ever look in the mirror. I mean think about it -- you just know the vast majority of those who voted aren't exactly god's-gift-to-women-handsome-stud-muffins themselves. I bet most of them would probably shit themselves with excitement if SJP deigned to knock boots with them.
Actually.....I am rather self-depricating and so have no issue knocking my own looks, or lack thereof. And, as I said earlier, the attacks on her looks seem harsh and of course uncalled for....but if she knocked on my door and deigned to do anything but loan me enough $$$ to buy a nice sized home, I'd most likely thank her for her time and tell her how charming she was as Annie three decades ago. Besides, Lance's Mom is a jealous, jealous shrew, so I've little choice here.

Tags
sex and the city