I hate raP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Seems like hip hop barely ever gets talked about here, probably because most people don't listen to it.

So what are your thoughts on rap/hip-hop?

I think it's kinda wicked, I'm really gaining an appreciation for it and listening to stuff by the likes of Quannum, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Jurassic 5, Blackalicious, Dilated Peoples, The Roots.. and of course Outkast who I've loved for a long time.

i really don't like it.

ok, understatement--i really cannot stand and really hate hip hop

Ah yes the Streets. Interesting stuff but I'm not yet sure if I like it that much.

I like Outkast, Jurassic 5, The Streets, and Beastie Boys. That's about it.

Flag Pole Pear said:
i know nothing about the streets. i always thought they were a rock band... :|

So did I, until I heard some of their songs. I reaaaaally like what I've heard so far.

I really like rap, actually, but I'm picky. I really love the Beastie Boys, and I like Outkast, Eminem, stuff like that.. Tricky probably doesn't count. :p

I really used to like Wu Tang Clan alot but now I usually stay away from hiphop because of the explicit lyrics, although I do love Original Pirate Material, great album......:up:

I also like a lot of Dre, Snoop, and Ludacris. When I say a lot, I mean like 5 songs each.

There's every once in a while. We're talkin' blue moon. When you listen to an album and it actually BLOWS your mind. Blackalicious - NIA just did that for me.

SO yeah, umm they're good. Maybe it will grow on me?? *that's almost a scary thought*

I like blazing arrow very much, too. NIA just smacked me over the head much harder. I heard 'em first yesterday.

I have never heard of the Streets.

Screaming Flower said:
i :heart: the streets. :|

i like outkast too. and eminem. and busta rhymes.

:|

Not that into Outkast-but I do like their song "The Whole World". That song's cool. Catchy little tune.

I also like Eminem's music-he's got good stuff.

And then there's Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Run-DMC (I haven't heard tons of stuff by these guys, but what I have heard I like), people like that.

I honestly don't get why some people out there don't like rap. Some of my online friends have said they hate it because it's not music (I dunno, last time I checked, anything with lyrics and a beat was music-I'm not a fan of disco by any means, but I do call it music), or it's not talent (I'd like to see some of them get up there and try and spout lyrics like some rappers do), or because all it talks about is money, women, and drugs (first off, like other genres don't talk about that stuff? Second, I don't know what rap they're hearing, but a lot of the rap I listen to-not saying drugs and things like that are cool, that's the lifestyle of the people in the area these rappers live in, the rap I've heard looks down on things like that, they want a better life for their family and friends, they want to not live with that kind of crap day in and day out).

I mean, if someone personally doesn't care for rap or hip-hop, fine-but using the reasons I mentioned above as to why they don't like it are moot-that sort of thing could be said about any genre, not just rap.

Angela

Yeah, Old school and I mean VERY old school rap like RUN DMC is great. I love "It's Tricky" by them. I love all the original stuff, like Rapper's Delight by Sugar Hill Gang and The Message by Grand Master Flash.

You know what, I like quite a bit of rap, I just hate most rap that's being made right now.

u2popmofo said:
You know what, I like quite a bit of rap, I just hate most rap that's being made right now.

I think what's happened is there's no market for really good hiphop/rap (i'm not really sure what the difference is) so no one hears it. It sure is out there though.. just check out stuff like quannum and blackalicious and jurassic 5.

Yeah...I'm more into the old-school rap and hip-hop. There's some rap/hip-hop that's out today that I don't mind, but a lot of it I just don't particularly get into.

An example of good hip-hop out now-Mary J. Blige. I've started to like a lot more of what I've heard from her lately-"Family Affair" is one catchy little tune, always gets me dancing, and I really like "No More Drama"-songs like that.

Perhaps I'll find some more of her stuff sometime in the near future and listen to it.

Angela

:lmao:
I fell in love with Run DMC all over again when I got SSX Tricky for PS2 and it features on the soundtrack.
I like all this type of music.

Back
Top Bottom