I hate living in northern ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono-vox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
maze of your imagination, where the streets have n
They have started fighting here again and it really annoys me, it's all about religion here, people are such biggots

and this morning a man was shot here because of his religion!!

And all catholic teachers have been told they will be shot if they go to school in North Belfast this week, my friend is really worried because her dad teaches in north belfast, all i want to say is I really hope we can have peace here but I don't think we ever will
frown.gif

Aw Bono-Vox, that sucks!

After Sept. 11 there were dozens of anthrax scares in a bunch of buildings downtown (DC) and planes were flying overhead every few minutes, and it was all really scary.

It might not be the same, but....*trying to sympathize!!!*

I'm very sorry, anyway, and I hope things get better

sandwich.jpg

ice cream sammich chair for thee.

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me" ~Smooth Criminal

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-12-2002).]

I'm sorry to hear this bono-vox. That's just plain awful. Stuff like that is the reason why I think religion is just crap sometime...

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

Maybe someday people will start to discover how dumb they were...

------------------
beLIEve

bono-vox,
I just wanted to say I read your message and...I don't know exactly what to say now, just, I'm sorry you have to experience everything that's going on in Ireland now, I guess.

I get so...angry? sad? confused? frustrated? just watching the news and hearing about this, so I can't imagine how it feels to actually be living in the community it's happening in and has been happening in for so long.

I really hope we can have peace here but I don't think we ever will

I think everyone is with you in wishing that there will be an end to all the violence. And don't give up hope because even when things seems impossible, sometimes it's the belief that things can get better which keeps people working for a better future. People didn't believe there would be an end to apartheid in South Africa, people didn't believe the Berlin wall would fall, but those things happened because there were people who believed they could happen. Sometimes hope can get us through a lot of hard times.

Take care,
*Fizz

[This message has been edited by FizzingWhizzbees (edited 01-13-2002).]

I was in Northern Ireland this summer for a few days. It really blew my mind, it made me feel so bad that I took all the freedoms I had growing up in the DC area for granted as a kid. I feel for you. When I was in Derry and Belfast (among other places) I felt so bad for the children (as well as everyone else) who grow up experiencing that violence. Heres to hoping that the troubles in Northern Ireland end as soon as possible and that peace replaces hate.

i know its tough at times, but i can say there are far more generous, good hearted, kind and open minded people in northern ireland than the biggots who tend to ruin it for everyone else. Its time is coming.

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

Back
Top Bottom